anyway to access ALTWFC with WPA2 Wifi?

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is currently no way to connect DS games (excluding those with specific compatibility with DSi - ex: Pokemon Black/White/2) to WPA2 or even WPA networks. Only WEP.

There is a WIP replacement wifi driver that should be compatible with WPA networks, but not much progress has been made on it last time I checked.

Reactions: R4ismychildhood

R4ismychildhood

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is currently no way to connect DS games (excluding those with specific compatibility with DSi - ex: Pokemon Black/White/2) to WPA2 or even WPA networks. Only WEP.

There is a WIP replacement wifi driver that should be compatible with WPA networks, but not much progress has been made on it last time I checked.
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/33514395013...uid=2CxLzFZpQIS&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
if I plug this thing [Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector] to a laptop connecting to a WPA2 router will it work?

Last edited by R4ismychildhood,

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB adapter uses archaic drivers that work only on Windows XP.

If you have an Android phone, it might support wireless tethering. Although it's unlikely, if you have a wireless adapter, it may support host mode.

Reactions: R4ismychildhood

R4ismychildhood

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, but the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB adapter uses archaic drivers that work only on Windows XP.

If you have an Android phone, it might support wireless tethering. Although it's unlikely, if you have a wireless adapter, it may support host mode.
I do not have WIndows XP... Virtual Machine is a pain too. (Although I have that). What about https://www.ebay.ca/itm/20414007659...uid=2CxLzFZpQIS&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
[Nintendo Wi-Fi network adapter]? Can this generate a WEP network

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not have WIndows XP... Virtual Machine is a pain too. (Although I have that). What about https://www.ebay.ca/itm/20414007659...uid=2CxLzFZpQIS&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
[Nintendo Wi-Fi network adapter]? Can this generate a WEP network
There's minimal info relating to the device, but it seems to advertise itself as being compatible with DS, DSi, 3DS and Wii.

Although there is this short video and they test it with the 3DS and Switch, but it's still pretty minimal and doesn't cover much about the device at all.

Would I recommend buying it?

Short answer: Not unless you get it for cheap like $20.

You can buy / get an old wifi router and just use that as a wifi bridge / access point instead.

Reactions: anotherthing

R4ismychildhood

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's minimal info relating to the device, but it seems to advertise itself as being compatible with DS, DSi, 3DS and Wii.

Although there is this short video and they test it with the 3DS and Switch, but it's still pretty minimal and doesn't cover much about the device at all.

Would I recommend buying it?

Short answer: Not unless you get it for cheap like $20.

You can buy / get an old wifi router and just use that as a wifi bridge / access point instead.

thanks so much — I was just watching that video earlier too lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol