jayparadox

Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
Keylogger said:
Is it possible to delete the Disc channel?

I am using the Gecko OS channel for loading all my games even imports. And with Gecko OS, I can load games that contain update without any problem.
Nope, because it's not a title it self. It's part of the System Menu "title"(if we can call it like that).

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keylogger said:

I am using the Gecko OS channel for loading all my games even imports. And with Gecko OS, I can load games that contain update without any problem.

Nah mate, but just move it to last page

OrcMonkey©

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jservs7 said:
hippyharry said:
jservs7 said:
Ok my question was misunderstood:

I am asking if their is WAD manager that lets you not only delete WADs without having the original, but allows you to install them IF YOU HAVE THE WAD IN YOUR WAD FOLDER as well?

I am asking this cuz generally, as soon as I install a WAD, I delete it from the WAD folder on my SD card to free up space.

Well, you are contradicting yourself here.

You are asking if you can install it as long as the wad is in the folder, which you can, but then you are saying if you delete the wad, can you still install it.

Even though you acknowledged in bold that you need the wad to install it.

blink.gif
You are just reading it from a install first perspective, not contradicting myself. LOL

Here are the steps I would like to take:

- Place WAD in WAD folder
- Run WAD Manager
- Install WAD
- Delete WAD from WAD folder
- When I am tired of WAD, run WAD Manager and delete WAD without needing the original WAD in the WAD folder
I didnt see how other people didnt understand you. I knew what you meant from the first post.

p.s I'm only 10 years old

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
kongsnutz said:
Keylogger said:

Nah mate, but just move it to last page
you can't move the disc channel can you?

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
QUOTE said:
I am asking if their is WAD manager that lets you not only delete WADs without having the original, but allows you to install them IF YOU HAVE THE WAD IN YOUR WAD FOLDER as well?

QUOTEHere are the steps I would like to take:

- Run WAD Manager
- Install WAD
- When I am tired of WAD, run WAD Manager and delete WAD without needing the original WAD in the WAD folder

lol, you don't really seem to know what you want to do.. and are indeed contradicting yourself

both things can be done:
1/ install a wad that is previously stored in a wad folder, use wad manager
2/ uninstall a wad without the original wad on sdcard, use this application

what can NOT be done (for obvious and logical reasons) is installing a WAD that is not on sdcard

maybe i'm too old to understand your logic
wacko.gif

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kirbyman123 said:
jservs7 said:
hippyharry said:
jservs7 said:
Ok my question was misunderstood:

I am asking this cuz generally, as soon as I install a WAD, I delete it from the WAD folder on my SD card to free up space.

Well, you are contradicting yourself here.

You are asking if you can install it as long as the wad is in the folder, which you can, but then you are saying if you delete the wad, can you still install it.

Even though you acknowledged in bold that you need the wad to install it.

blink.gif
You are just reading it from a install first perspective, not contradicting myself. LOL

Here are the steps I would like to take:

- Run WAD Manager
- Install WAD
I didnt see how other people didnt understand you. I knew what you meant from the first post.

p.s I'm only 10 years old
Its people like you kirbyman that give me hope in the world.
smile.gif
I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone sometimes when people can't even understand things from a Point A to Point B perspective.
laugh.gif

And again for the people that still don't get it, I know the steps I'd like to take can be done with 2 programs, I would just prefer to do them with one.
tongue.gif

P

pasc

I would download it, could it show the titles not only in XXXX codes, but in full name instead.

It is nice, but like this it is too much hassle for me....

tona

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
adr990 said:
Cool dude nice app
smile.gif

But... What about the Hidden Channels?
What they do etc?

Thanks,
Adr990
The "Hidden Channels" so far are just the EULA and Region Select. The EULA comes up when you first connect to the internet and also when you go to Wii Settings > Internet > User Agreements.
Region Select is also supposed to be a one-time thing. It pops up so you can populate SYSCONF with information about your language/location.

If you delete those, you run a chance of getting a full brick if the System Menu ever feels you need to set new regional information or review the EULA.
This is actually the cause of the Mario Kart full bricks and whatnot.

And, sorry, guys, I got distracted from this and started working on something new:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSVDSHXV5qo

But I'll update this, too, at some point.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
QUOTE said:

- Run WAD Manager
- Install WAD

lol, you don't really seem to know what you want to do.. and are indeed contradicting yourself

both things can be done:

what can NOT be done (for obvious and logical reasons) is installing a WAD that is not on sdcard

wacko.gif

Jacobeian: Quit trying to be difficult. You know exactly what he was saying and trying to do.

jservs7: With this program, you can indeed remove a channel without the need for the original WAD from which it was installed.
Just be sure you know which title code is which game!

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeVante said:
Jacobeian said:
QUOTE said:

- Run WAD Manager
- Install WAD

both things can be done:

wacko.gif

Jacobeian: Quit trying to be difficult. You know exactly what he was saying and trying to do.

jservs7: With this program, you can indeed remove a channel without the need for the original WAD from which it was installed.
Just be sure you know which title code is which game!
LOL. I understand what this program can do Jacobeian.
smile.gif
I just want 1 program that can do both things. (Echo?)

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
elfsander said:
This tool was really helpful for downgrading Photochannel 1.1 to 1.0. Thanks
biggrin.gif
Lol...
You could just go to channels in wii settings and delete the photo channel...
You not even need to download it...
The Photo channel you see in wii settings is the 1.1 version
wink.gif

But...
This delete the history too? (cleans up and removes played Homebrew channel or such)

elfsander

Trophies
Website
microse.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
You didn't get a wii since december 2007. Because you would know then that those come with the Photochannel 1.1 pre-installed and no way to delete it. Until today, that is.

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
elfsander said:
You didn't get a wii since december 2007. Because you would know then that those come with the Photochannel 1.1 pre-installed and no way to delete it. Until today, that is.
I see...
Sorry mis understanding
tongue.gif
(but how could I know xD)
But than... how did you get version 1.0? (from the deep deep forests?)

elfsander

Trophies
Website
microse.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got it from Metroid Prime 3, which has a Wii update of a 2.x version, don't know exactly which one. But it really doesn't matter since it worked.

How to do it:
1. Remve the photo channel and the photo channel 1.1 title from your Wii. (using this app)
2. Restart your wii and insert a game with a 2.x firmware update (like metroid)
3. Wii asks you to update, which will be an update from the disk, "update" (Photochannel 1.0 will be installed, nothing else)
4. Reboot your Wii and you have 1.0
biggrin.gif

xboxreloaded

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jxm2 - mortalcombat - mk3-cbt.wad

aihv - geckoos - geckoos 1.06-cbt.wad

wdmp dr mario -

nabp mariokart64 -

naip waverace 64

wfag wiiconfig

amcg guitarfun-cbt

azrt mplayer v3 cbt

wbmp pokemon deutsch

jafd sim city deutsch

noch mehr mache ich morgen

another codes tomorrow

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, I enjoyed getting rid of the News, Weather, and Photo channels using this program.

If you could have another go at it with the title IDs loaded from an XML to eliminate the need to stare at a wiki page while deleting, that would be great!

Cheers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.