AnyTitle Deleter 1.0

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by tona, Jul 29, 2008.

Jul 29, 2008

AnyTitle Deleter 1.0 by tona at 4:16 PM (9,489 Views / 0 Likes) 48 replies

1. tona
    OP

Newcomer tona Member

Norway
    Good morning GBATemp!

A few weeks ago I looked at Waninkoko's Wad Manager source and said "Hey, why do I need a WAD to uninstall a Title?"
    So I began working on a title deleter.

A few weeks later, I'd been lazy as hell, and someone else released a Title Uninstaller before me. But I persevered.

Now, I present to you AnyTitle Deleter! A Title deleter with a nice menu (to be improved on) and the ability to delete System Titles and System Channels!

Here's a shitty video for you:

So, in case you didn't get it all from the video (Which you might not have), it lets you delete things like VC/Wiiware titles, IOS, Dupe channels, Titles from other regions, or any title on your system you want to get rid of. If it can't delete it using a standard "Uninstall," it manually deletes it using filesystem calls--leaving no trace.

Now, that sounds dangerous, I admit, but if you pay attention to the video, you'll notice that it refuses to uninstall certain titles. AnyTitle Deleter has Brick Protection features--keeping you from deleting files that would lead to bricks, possible semi-bricks, or other bad news.

For a list of TitleID (So you know what you're deleting) check these two links:
    http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Title_Database
    http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/Vir...tallation_Sizes

For full information on AnyTitle Deleter (and the download link), hit up the Wiibrew page!
    http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_apps/AnyTitle_Deleter

There is contact information and a much more full description listed there.

Edit: Oh, and of course, any system titles you delete can easily be reinstalled with an Online update or by inserting a game disc with a nice full update partition [​IMG]

2. samsam12

Banned samsam12 Test

United States
    this is good as it prevents bricks from removing stuff and its more organised

3. linkinworm

Member linkinworm GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    its ashame no one can make something like this and add the game names to the apps while codeing you could add a title sheet, say tell it to so something like if title JACE found then game name = F-zero
    i know that isnt how codeing works i do code my self, i would do this my self, but my devkitpro doesnt want to compile anything lately.

4. tona
    OP

Newcomer tona Member

Norway
    That's actually planned and is fairly easy to do. I just wanted to get a working release out for now.

See the "Future Features" on the Wiibrew page.

5. jservs7

Member jservs7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Puerto Rico
    Has anyone made a WAD manager that lets you not only delete WADs without having the original, but allows you to install them as well?

6. samsam12

Banned samsam12 Test

United States
    that will be great if ninty ever does checks of what tickets are on your system (i think i have over 140 tickets on my system)

7. samsam12

Banned samsam12 Test

United States
    wait, your asking if you can install wads without having the wad, that makes no sense.

8. linkinworm

United Kingdom
    yea nintendo has because u have to pay for them 1st befor they install, and they dont install using WADs either

9. linuxares

Member linuxares GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    Really really nice!

10. samsam12

Banned samsam12 Test

United States
    how does nintendo pack there games in the shop channel? do they use content.bin? how do you know they dont use wads

11. spliffdizzle

Newcomer spliffdizzle Member

United States
    I see on the wiibrew wiki that this won't delete the EULA "hidden" title (I'm assuming that's the boot up warning screen where you press A). Can the system be modified to boot straight to the channel selection screen and pass the "press A" screen?

And I do realize it will go there by itself after like 30 seconds, but I'm just wondering...

12. linkinworm

United Kingdom
    because you can download them from there servers, which aint in wads

13. jaxxster

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    when that custom firmware with brick protection comes in then we can mess with stuff like that, It'd be nice to create some custom start up screen.

14. jservs7

Puerto Rico
    Ok my question was misunderstood:

I am asking if their is WAD manager that lets you not only delete WADs without having the original, but allows you to install them IF YOU HAVE THE WAD IN YOUR WAD FOLDER as well?

I am asking this cuz generally, as soon as I install a WAD, I delete it from the WAD folder on my SD card to free up space.

15. hippyharry

Member hippyharry GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Well, you are contradicting yourself here.

You are asking if you can install it as long as the wad is in the folder, which you can, but then you are saying if you delete the wad, can you still install it.

Even though you acknowledged in bold that you need the wad to install it.

[​IMG]

16. jservs7

Puerto Rico
    You are just reading it from a install first perspective, not contradicting myself. LOL

Here are the steps I would like to take:

- Place WAD in WAD folder
    - Run WAD Manager
    - Install WAD
    - Delete WAD from WAD folder
    - When I am tired of WAD, run WAD Manager and delete WAD without needing the original WAD in the WAD folder

17. Miles

Member Miles GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I wish I would have had this a month or two ago when I reformatted my Wii..

18. Slimmmmmm

Member Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

United Kingdom
    It could be done with an additional bit of coding and an extra .xml file, but would require updating from time to time.

Maybe someone out there is clever enough to write code that retrieves this info from installed tik's /or/ tmd ? This would not require any updating etc, but would be tricky, imho. It would be superb if the source was released also so other developers could include it in different apps etc, I tihnk there are many apps that could benefit from such code.

19. Dr.Tenma

Member Dr.Tenma GBAtemp Regular

France
    Arf Waninkoko sended me an elf long time ago for removing titles, but can't find it anymore, probably due to formatting system =/

20. Keylogger

Member Keylogger GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

France
    Is it possible to delete the Disc channel?

I am using the Gecko OS channel for loading all my games even imports. And with Gecko OS, I can load games that contain update without any problem.