Gaming Anyone Up to Some n64 Netplay?

Quietlyawesome94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently started fooling around with the Netplay features of Project 64k .13 and Mupen++, and I gotta say. Its pretty fun playing NFL blitz after such a long time, pile driving people over and over again after you tackle them! I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in playing some good 'ole Goldeneye/Mario Kart with me sometime. Why? Well most of the users are 10 yr. old pricks with ping numbers going all the way up to 400 who think they are cool because they know how to play n64 games online... So shoot me a PM or leave a post if you can play sometime.
ph34r.gif

VLinh

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Never heard you could play n64 online, is there a tutorial on how to set everything up? That be awesome, I'd love to play with ya XD

Mazor

Z80 master arch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm up for Smash.

Also, Mupen64++ desyncs a lot less and should be used whenever not playing against randoms (in which case the only option is Project64k 1.3 due to everyone using it as OP implied).

Quietlyawesome94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would have to agree with Mazor about Mupen. It has much better performance than project 64k... tell me if y'all can play today. (BTW I would strongly reccomend downloading NFL Blitz 2001, its a blast to play with other people.)

Mazor

Z80 master arch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'll make a post when I have time to play, which might not be for a while (as in it could take more than several days).

Me and Urza regularly played netplay Smash some years ago. We had a pretty popular thread on another forum where it was organized, getting something like that going here would be awesome (but not very easy).

I'm up for trying to somehow organizing N64 netplay here on GBAtemp, either through a thread where people can meet up or some kind of GBAtemp event or something. Right now is pretty much the worst time possible to get something like that going though, with many people (including myself) having lots and lots of finals. End of June and onwards should be much better, we should see what we can get together then.

Quietlyawesome94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mazor said:
I'll make a post when I have time to play, which might not be for a while (as in it could take more than several days).

Me and Urza regularly played netplay Smash some years ago. We had a pretty popular thread on another forum where it was organized, getting something like that going here would be awesome (but not very easy).

I'm up for trying to somehow organizing N64 netplay here on GBAtemp, either through a thread where people can meet up or some kind of GBAtemp event or something. Right now is pretty much the worst time possible to get something like that going though, with many people (including myself) having lots and lots of finals. End of June and onwards should be much better, we should see what we can get together then.

Sounds great! It would be cool if Gbatemp could have its own server. You have no idea how many government certified morons there are on kaliera. (Good luck with your finals!)

KevInChester

Trophies
XP
Country
I remember beta testing an official build of PJ64 1.7 that had Netplay, worked really well in some games, but things like Goldeneye had serious sync issues on all but networked connections, so it was knocked on the head and never released.

Quietlyawesome94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KevInChester said:
I remember beta testing an official build of PJ64 1.7 that had Netplay, worked really well in some games, but things like Goldeneye had serious sync issues on all but networked connections, so it was knocked on the head and never released.

Goldeneye works quite well with Mupen++... Might have some lag if people have crazy slow Internet though. But that is to be expected LOL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte