Anyone That Can Fix Dead PS3?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by mar789, Aug 9, 2015.

1. mar789
    OP

mar789 Master Italian

Jul 18, 2011
    Canada
    I recently bought a PS3 off someone for real cheap as they said it was broken. According to him he tried to downgrade his PS3 with an E3 Flasher and screwed up. He thinks he erased his NOR but he got good backups.

So I figured hey, should be an easy fix as I already have an E3 Flasher so no problem. I made sure to check the dumps he has first and he made three dumps and they are all good. As usual when I try and boot the PS3 it starts up and after a second it beeps and then dies and you need to unplug and plug it back in.

Here's my snag. From the looks of the mobo he tried to do the recovery himself and god solder all around the spot that needs to connect to the E3 Flasher and might even have screwed it up entirely. As I feel it might be salvageable I don't wanna risk it myself and am looking for someone who can do the repair on this. I can upload a couple pictures if necessary.

2. LittleFlame

LittleFlame Thinks he's better than all of you

Jan 30, 2015
    Netherlands
    That one place
    I got no idea about all this stuff but you should probably put some pics up so we know what we're dealing with

3. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    You could post pictures of the board, you can probably clean the board with either acetone (wear a mask and don't inhale it its also super flammable) or flux removing spray.

4. mar789
    OP

mar789 Master Italian

Jul 18, 2011
    Canada
    Here are the pictures of the spot.

Warning: Spoilers inside!