¯\_(ツ)_/¯
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
www.game-aware.co.uk

They have very cheap Acekard2.1 bundles, especially since they are in the UK. £16 first class posted for an Acekard2, site looks incredibly dodgey though - anyone purchased from them before?

Cheers.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're going to get an AceKard you might as well go for www.dealextreme.com. Its $14 with shipping.

rhoobarb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I ordered from team console (late in the day) on wednesday afternoon(22nd october) and I received my acekard this morning(friday 24th). I was surprised as I don't think they mention anything about shipping same day. I'm so far very happy with my acekard and how quick it arrived.

Just thought I'd let you know. I did look on here for feedback about team console(before I ordered) but couldn't find anything. Anyway, their prices are definately better than anywhere else that I could find. I will definately use team console again if I need to order another one.

They don't let you know by email that they have posted the item and you get no tracking number - BUT it came today and I am now a VERY happy customer!

I don't normally post on here, I usually read, but I felt I had to let people know about the service I got as I seriously wasnt expecting it to come that quickly. I'm not a 100 percent sure but I think they also offer a discount if you find it somewhere else cheaper.

I just got a shock today(I thought they were just bluffing and I wouldn't see the acekard for at least a week).

A seriously shocked but happy customer:)

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the worse the site the more likely they just order from dx and repost to you (that is assuming they are 'legit' - theay also sell the fake hori screen protectors probably from dx as real)
if you have a flashcart to use right now then id be patient and just order from dx instead of paying the massive mark up retailers put on them

edit: the reason they dont sell r4 now is amusing (front page news half way down)
"All this aside, let's face it, the other cards have developed. The R4 has simply been left behind. Make no mistake, it was the best during its time, we believe. Unfortunately, this market moves too quickly. To give an analogy, it's like buying a computer that isn't compatible with Windows Vista. What's the point, right?
"

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
their price is comparable to other uk suppliers really.... I ordered mine from pcjerry, which has pretty much the same prices.

yeah, they probably order from DX, but i am an impatient ba*****

barnsleyfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have just ordered from team-console because i ordered a DSTT from dealextreme on 16/10/08 and it still has not been shipped due to another out of stock item on the same order. Wish i'd ordered every item separately - will do so in future and let them suffesr the higher postage costs. Not happy with Dealextreme at all.
Going back to team-console, i emailed them last week about delivery cos their website says to allow 15 days before chasing up delivery, yet it claims to post by 1st class. I emailed them and got a prompt reply saying that they deliver straight away, but have to quote 15 days because Royal Mail wont entertain a delivery problem until 15 days later. This seems fair to me.
I'll still wait for the DSTT because i like the idea of having 2 different carts for my son to use. If one gets bust there is still another to use whilst i get a replacement

Nathan-NL

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can confirm DX sells the new Acekard 2.1s
wink.gif

barnsleyfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ordered an AceKard 2.1 yesterday for Team-Console, got an email from Nico (on a sunday) and just got an email saying the item has been despatched. Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow. So far I cannot fault team-console. Will keep you informed about delivery

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bludwid said:
No, they don't drop ship from dx. they are a UK retailer and ship from stock.
noone said they drop shipped but that doesn't mean they aren't just reposting dx stock.
Doesn't take much cash outlay to start this with such easy markups.

bludwid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jabjab said:
bludwid said:
No, they don't drop ship from dx. they are a UK retailer and ship from stock.
noone said they drop shipped but that doesn't mean they aren't just reposting dx stock.
Doesn't take much cash outlay to start this with such easy markups.

Cheaper and easier to get it from source in China tbh. Customs and VAT will charge the same. At the same time, DealExtreme aren't very good delivering to the UK (not being based here).

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im not sure exactly what you are getting at... you mean easier to get from a source in china to start a business?
pretty sure these companies will have a minimum unit spend which if you are then going to stock a variety of cards will add up to quite a bit.
Starting to resell from dx takes hardly anything and can be done on individual basis which would also guarantee no customs unlike a bulk orders direct from the teams which may well incur large customs charges.
DX doesn't have to be good at delivering - all you need to do is order units in advance and keep them topped up. As long as they get here then its fine.

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
NavadeHo said:
I can confirm DX sells the new Acekard 2.1s
wink.gif

Me too, I ended up ordering from there - ordered from them on the 15th and recieved my goods on the 24th. 9 days in total, AirMail from Hong Kong took 2 days!
ohmy.gif

bludwid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jabjab said:
im not sure exactly what you are getting at... you mean easier to get from a source in china to start a business?
pretty sure these companies will have a minimum unit spend which if you are then going to stock a variety of cards will add up to quite a bit.
Starting to resell from dx takes hardly anything and can be done on individual basis which would also guarantee no customs unlike a bulk orders direct from the teams which may well incur large customs charges.
DX doesn't have to be good at delivering - all you need to do is order units in advance and keep them topped up. As long as they get here then its fine.

What i'm getting at is that it's not worth getting a couple of quid's profit getting tiny bits from DX. That won't pay for the adwords expense, the website hosting, paypal, etc and any other expense. I think the threadstarter was enquiring about a web shop who advertise on adwords.

Quite true that reselling from DX is easy, if you're depending solely on selling it on to your mates and relatives. And if you buy on an individual basis from that shop, then it's kind of pointless getting about 10 orders a day or so ain't it?

oddieb

Trophies
XP
Country
Barnsley Fan - Did you ever receive your order from Team-Console?

Has anyone else actually received anything from them or are they one of these sites that says they have delivered it then 'claim' Royal Mail have lost it? I have had experience of these sites before and clearly the item was never despatched in the first place!

barnsleyfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@ oddieb

Yes, i got the Acekard 2.1 the next day as promised. It works fine. Only one slight fault - one the plastic legs that hold the 2 sides together was missing - probably a manufacturing fault. Stuck a small blob of superglue on it and it works fine.

Haven't tried moonshell or any applications, just ROMS, but all OK. I prefer it to the DSTT i got for my son. I have ordered one from DX for a friend, but they are on backorder until Christmas. Haven't told him yet, but if he wants it asap i will cancel the DX order and get another from team-console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: what's the fanfic name?