Hacking Anyone order from DX around end sept period?

evilhomura89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Ok ppl, dunno whether i should post here onot.

I've placed an order for Acekard 2 on 29th September and the item left HK for it's destination on 3rd Oct (tracking no. RA890778141HK). The shipment date shown in the invoice page is 9/29/2008 9:08:06 PM.
But till now I still have no news regarding my parcel. I have no idea where is it now. Today, 11th Oct, I called up the mail and courier HQ in my country to check, they said they don't have any RA890778141HK in their records. It's not even at the customs there.
My friend who usually order from DX got his item in 5 days after the stuff left HK.
Can anyone tell me what should I do now??

Thanks.

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've noticed that too I'm waiting for an order left HK for its destination on the 28th of September.
Normally I get my items once they leave HK in 3-5 days.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mine also had a slight delay but it's sitting in customs over in Vancouver now. Which means I'm about to be charged $20+ just because they wanted to look at it.
biggrin.gif

mhkwong

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dont panick. HK to Malaysia? hmm took that long? hmm Im sure its on its way. Did u opt for EMS? or just standard? I ordered many times from DX before, EMS or standard. I still get it around 3-5days. It depends on the country, in UK (where i am from) they dont update the status of the parcel unless its EMS. I ordered twice from DX and its been like 2-3months after I got the parcel and they still havent updated it on my country's parcel service website. Im sure its the same with Malaysia. (you can check my some of my old orders, my mail courier HQ in my country still havent updated the status of it. RA890824915HK and RA851114318HK)

What another world said was correct, it was National holiday in HK on the 1st of October, I ordered again on the 30th of Sept. DX was on holiday till the 5th, my order wasnt posted till the 9th and it was invoiced on DX on the 10th. So its like WTF??? (RA888667884HK) Their might be some delays with DX, but I always recieve my stuff from DX and their are the cheapest place to buy (not trying to suck up to them, only saying what i think). So Im cool with it.

Oh and I checked, its the Hari Raya Puasa (End of Ramadan) and Hari Raya Puasa holiday on the 1st and 2nd of October in Malaysia. Maybe the mail courier is just backed up wif lots and lots of parcels because of the holiday. Might take them some time to get back into the rhythm.

PS. u can check my country's mail courier status on here if u want to look into my orders.
http://track.royalmail.com/portal/rm/track...name=track_home

evilhomura89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
^ thanks for replying
smile.gif

i opt for the normal registered airmail with tracking number
i'm wondering once a normal airmail with tracking number reach our country d (in my case is Malaysia), can we track it through the local post office (Pos Malaysia) onot...or the tracking number has become useless already and can be used only in HK Post website?
But from wat u've said...the tracking number is useless unless you wan to know when did the item left HK for it's destination.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AshuraZro said:
Mine also had a slight delay but it's sitting in customs over in Vancouver now. Which means I'm about to be charged $20+ just because they wanted to look at it.
biggrin.gif
Not unless you've ordered a bunch of other stuff with it that totals up to more than 60CAD (20 if they stopped labeling their exports as gifts.) 5%+PST+$5-7 for COD (they gotta collect the tax when they deliver it, so they charge COD) if customs decides to arbitrarily pick numbers out of the sky as to value of items, nothing if they just inspect it.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In my experience...you should never EXPECT a DX package as there are so many factors involved in their process that its quite hard to determine how soon you're going to get it. Mine shipped last friday...I am not going to jump out of my skin about not getting it soon...besides...I already have a Supercard to coax my needs while I await my Acekard...

Its so damn cheap...I swear Dealextreme is the greatest invention of the 21st century.

evilhomura89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
too bad i don't have any other flashcart for me and now the DS lite is collect dust around the corner cause i can't do anything with it now...dat's why I'm kinda rushing for it
this ds lite that i'm having now is a pre-owned one...when i bought it, ntg is included except for the console and some accessories

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
like i said all of china was on vacation at the end of sept beginning of oct. they have weird holidays like that often where they are gone for a week or more. i recently started to get responses from the acekard team so i know everything is back up and running. your dx order was delayed for that reason, now that they are back you can check the status. as soon as it says shipped you can expect your order between 5days and 2weeks. it all depends on where you live.

-another world

evilhomura89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
@ Another World,
u might be right about the holidays...but since the tracking website said my item left HK to its destination on 3rd Oct, we should assume that on 3rd Oct, the parcel is en-route to my country d right?
Anyway, I just found out that the local Pos Malaysia are having a long holidays from Oct 1st - 5th during the Raya Holidays. So, i guess there are plenty of parcel waiting to be sorted out.

logical thinker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
evilhomura89 said:
i'm wondering once a normal airmail with tracking number reach our country d (in my case is Malaysia), can we track it through the local post office (Pos Malaysia) onot...or the tracking number has become useless already and can be used only in HK Post website?
But from wat u've said...the tracking number is useless unless you wan to know when did the item left HK for it's destination.
I don't know specifically about your country, but, in others, you can track it until your home.

dragon574444

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I ordered an AceKard 2 from DX on the 4th of October, and it left Hong Kong on the 8th. I just recieved it yesterday, the 11th. You should probly get your AceKard very soon. It is an AceKard 2.1 and it does have a black PCB in case you were wondering which version you'd get...

mhkwong

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dragon574444 said:
I ordered an AceKard 2 from DX on the 4th of October, and it left Hong Kong on the 8th. I just recieved it yesterday, the 11th. You should probly get your AceKard very soon. It is an AceKard 2.1 and it does have a black PCB in case you were wondering which version you'd get...

did you order the one with usb or without?

evilhomura89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
dragon574444 said:

u using EMS or normal free airmail??

QUOTE(mhkwong @ Oct 12 2008, 11:08 PM) did you order the one with usb or without?
When I ordered, only one type was available (sku11811)...the one with USB TF card reader at the price of USD22. so i hav no choice but to buy that.
Then 3 days later, the new one without card reader (sku16142) was introduced and the price of the old one dropped to USD14 and the new one is priced at USD13.

dragon574444

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I used standard air mail. I ordered the one without the usb reader. However, I don't think there will be any difference. The packaging the AceKard came in had an empty spot in the plastic for the USB reader. It almost as if DX removes them by hand to take a dollar off the price...and the resells the readers?

mhkwong

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i got mine today, they the new ones. you cant see bump on the sticker made by the chip anymore. but there is a little bump still. I think its from the case itself. and DX or something stuck the sticker on wonky. apart from that. every thing is perfect. black pcb, 2.1 and the shell is a lot better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    meowie13 @ meowie13: hellooo everyone