Gaming Anyone loving Etrian Odyssey 2 as much as me?

Overwhelming

Trophies
XP
Country
I only have two real complaints about this game.

First: character progression is slow. You only get one point per level! It takes forever to have enough points to unlock a new skill. And then, each skill has many levels. I never know if I'm wasting points in the beggining. If I should raise my stats, or invest in the skills right in the beggining.

Second: FOEs don't give experience points. EO2 is a frustating game. Very difficult, slow and with little rewards. FOEs are lethal, super difficult. We should get at leat a good reward for killing them. A good reason to engage them. That's not the case in EO2. We keep avoiding them, so in practice, it's all about grinding. Almost no FOE fighting.

Anyway, here's my party:

Marshall, Protector - Lita, Ronin
Angelo, Medic - Vanda, Survivalist - Trauma, War Magus

magicalshin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love this game very much
i played the first one and im am completely far away from being done
in this game i have a landsnechk(pardon the spelling)
a medic, alchemist, gunner, and a ronin

skywarp

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
knightguy363 said:
what lvl can you kill teh first boss at?

You can kill the bosses at pretty low levels, if you grind mobs until your force meters on your characters to fill up, foolproof way seems to be using the protector + alchemist force abilities at the same time. The protector one will make your party invincible for the turn, while the alchemist one will generally one-shot everything.

I'm only a few floors in, and I'm already sick of this game. There's no story, no interesting gameplay, no real thinking/strategy involved in battles, nothing but mindless grinding against 2d animation-less sprites, just like the first etrian odyssey.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just finished getting mauled by a deer >_>, so i skipped it, went to floor 4, got guilotined by a stalker on 2 occasions >_>, skipped it, went to floor 5, and got mauled by a raptor.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr