Homebrew ANYONE INTERESTED IN KNYTT STORIES DS, LOOK!

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
THIS IS A WARNING TO ANYONE WHO HAS OR IS GOING TO PLAY KNYTT STORIES DS.

If you have a new level that gets an optimization message and starts counting down from a random number, LET IT FINISH COUNTING DOWN AND GETTING TO FILE SELECTION BEFORE TURNING YOUR DS OFF. If you do not, all of your files will disappear and when you go to your Micro SD card in your computer it'll show this x000000y00000 thing.

I had the unfortunate luck that my NDS Lite powered itself off (due to needing to be charged) while the game was optimizing one of my levels, and I couldn't get it to boot my R4 correctly next time I turned it on. When I looked at the Micro SD card in my computer, all of my files were replaced by the one x00000000y0000000 file. I had to reformat my card and then put all of my files back onto the card, and start some games all over again.

As it turns out, I have Knytt Stories on my PC as well. Looking into some levels... Some of them have an x0000000y0000000 file with them. I don't know if this is significant, but it was map related so that's probably why all files are replaced with x000000y0000000 if you do not let the levels optimize all the way on Knytt Stories DS. (or a subsequent glitch. I once had the game try to optimize a level and it glitched it done too soon, causing the same effect to happen)

THIS HAS BEEN A WARNING TO ANYONE WHO HAS OR IS GOING TO PLAY KNYTT STORIES DS.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Njrg said:
Best piracy protection ever?
Knytt Stories DS is a homebrew made from the source code of the PC freeware game 'Knytt Stories' with permission and help from the creator. You can use the levels from Knytt Stories on Knytt Stories DS.

There's no piracy protection involved. This was made by indie developers who don't have any officially licensed games out there.

Hence why it's in the HOMEBREW section.

It's just a horribly horrible glitch you have to avoid.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Inunah said:
Njrg said:
Knytt Stories DS is a homebrew made from the source code of the PC freeware game 'Knytt Stories' with permission and help from the creator. You can use the levels from Knytt Stories on Knytt Stories DS.

There's no piracy protection involved. This was made by indie developers who don't have any officially licensed games out there.

Saying things like "horribly horrible" is foolishly foolish.

biggrin.gif

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Inunah said:
Njrg said:

biggrin.gif
XD You looked at my avatar! That's a first for anyone on this forum.

rrc2soft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
*Sigh*... This glitch actually happens because the filesystem the flashcart uses is FAT32, and this kind of filesystem is not very friendly when you are writing information to the flashcart and turn off the DS. This is a problem that happens with every homebrew out there, but it is true that the optimization screen is... quite dangerous...
sleep.gif

I'll try to implement a new version where the optimization screen is disabled if the battery of a DS is low. Sorry about everything
closedeyes.gif

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
rrc2soft said:
*Sigh*... This glitch actually happens because the filesystem the flashcart uses is FAT32, and this kind of filesystem is not very friendly when you are writing information to the flashcart and turn off the DS. This is a problem that happens with every homebrew out there, but it is true that the optimization screen is... quite dangerous...
sleep.gif

I'll try to implement a new version where the optimization screen is disabled if the battery of a DS is low. Sorry about everything
closedeyes.gif
Nah, it's alright. The stuff erasing helped me remember to take Visual Novel DS off of my R4. XD

Strange that the optimization screen came up though. I disabled optimization.

Roxasorg13

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Inunah said:
twiztidsinz said:
Inunah said:
Njrg said:

biggrin.gif
XD You looked at my avatar! That's a first for anyone on this forum.

dude, phoenix wright is awesome i love franziska cuz she says that quote xD

old times....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1