Hacking Anyone have Lameboy or other GBC emu working?

jellotime91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I got my DSTWO, I installed a GBA emulator right away and it works. Along with the GBA emu, I tried to install a GBC emulator called Lameboy. It won't appear on the main menu and I have no idea why. I installed it exactly the way I was supposed to.

I've formatted the card, and even gotten a new micro-SD since then, and I've upgraded the firmware since then as well. I've also tried other GBC emulators from the DSTWO plugin thread. Nothing has worked.

Anyone have this working? I really want to play through Pokemon Yellow and there's no GBA rom hack that's really faithful to the game.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
When I got my DSTWO, I installed a GBA emulator right away and it works. Along with the GBA emu, I tried to install a GBC emulator called Lameboy. It won't appear on the main menu and I have no idea why. I installed it exactly the way I was supposed to.

I've formatted the card, and even gotten a new micro-SD since then, and I've upgraded the firmware since then as well. I've also tried other GBC emulators from the DSTWO plugin thread. Nothing has worked.

Anyone have this working? I really want to play through Pokemon Yellow and there's no GBA rom hack that's really faithful to the game.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/DSTwo_Plugin_Emulators

DSBoy, download it.

EJames2100

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok checked.

I have a folder called GBC and I have the following files inside:
Lameboy.CFG
lameboy.nds
****.gbc
****.sav

The stars indicate Rom names, however to access Lameboy via the DSTWO, you have to manually go to the folder called GBC and load up lameboy.nds like you would a DS game.

Never heard of that one Gamerz, how well does it run Harry Potter, them 2 are the only games I can't seem to run well on Lameboy ?

jellotime91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
None of this is working for me. In fact when ever I try to access a folder which contains lameboy.nds, the dstwo crashes.

jellotime91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Could you describe the crash in detail?

Also tell us anything you can about your MicroSD? The brand on it, class, where you got it, etc.

It freezes as if it didn't recognize the click (to open the folder), but I can't move the cursor to another folder anymore and I have to press the home button on my 3DS and close it.

My Micro-SD card is a class 10 Lexar 16GB.

jellotime91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's a brand new card, I just bought it on Wednesday. I've already formatted it once before and I also tried using DSBoy and Lameboy when I first got it (before the first format). I'm thinking I just have the wrong files or they're in the wrong directory.

EJames mentioned lameboy.cfg. In all my downloads of lameboy, I have never encountered a CFG file. Is that necessary for DSBoy as well because I've also never encountered a DSBoy.cfg...

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Formatting with the default tools in windows and such do not do the kind of adjustments that they need to do, which is why panasonic developed that tool in the first place. Just because the card is physically new doesn't mean the filesystem is correct.

Any missing config issues would happen after launching the software, they would not stop you from browsing to the folder in the first place. The crash shows there's something seriously wrong with the setup.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lameboy is better than DSBoy and should work fine, your copy of Lameboy may be corrupt or your MicroSD may be corrupt. Try redownloading Lameboy and reformatting your MicroSD card using the Panasonic SD formatter than Rydian linked to.

Edit: You don't need the config file, I assume it's generated when you change the default settings in Lameboy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: