Gaming Anyone got any Theatrhythm FF tips?

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I love this game, but I'm not too good at it. I've managed to get a couple of SS ranks on critical but it takes me a long time due to silly mistakes caused by my hand not doing exactly what my brain tells it to.

To be honest, I have trouble swiping right after swiping in another direction; because I'm pulling the stylus inward, my wrist action makes the line a bit squiggly instead of straight and thus makes the game thing I've swiped in a different direction and I get a "bad". I'd like to blame it on the lack of friction between the stylus and the screen, but maybe some of you guys are really awesome with the standard 3DS stylus? Also, I tried using a cotton bud but the stick was a little too flexible and I still messed up.

So... anyone got any tips? :)

DaRk_AnGeL_ZoA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not much better lol but I've unlocked all characters, get between S-B Rank on dark notes #90+ and normally get SS-Ranks on songs even most ultimate (except One Winged Angel wtf Squenix T_T) anyway here's my advice
  • Try changing how your holding your stylus, my first attempts at series mode were all B-Ranks till I changed
  • Use the practice option in challenge mode before attempting Expert or Ultimate songs
  • Recalibrate your touch screen after a while
  • Try DS Lite stylus it may help
  • Don't get too pissed off when you mess up your only human lol
Well that's all I can think of for now but remember it's just a game so have fun

ZoA... :moogle:

xerxes16439

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think what really helps is tons of focus, The lowest score I have on anything is an S rank, I usually get SSS on the standard modes, always SS on hard and sometimes on ultimate and I have a single S score on ultimate nothing below that. I'm trying really hard to at least SS everything on ultimate but its sooooo hard! and trying to score SSS on anything above easy is also a challenge! Once you get the hang of it you'll start SS'ing everything easily, SSS is the true challenge!

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well that's all I can think of for now but remember it's just a game so have fun
Haha yeah, it's hard to resist smashing my stylus into the screen when I fail. Thanks for the advice, I'll play around with my stylus grip and see if it improves. The screen protector idea seems like it might help a little, too, and maybe when I upgrade to an XL I might find it a bit easier.

DaRk_AnGeL_ZoA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Haha yeah, it's hard to resist smashing my stylus into the screen when I fail. Thanks for the advice, I'll play around with my stylus grip and see if it improves. The screen protector idea seems like it might help a little, too, and maybe when I upgrade to an XL I might find it a bit easier.

Yeah no problem dude oh and I was gonna do the same as you and get an XL but I think I've just got bad luck with this game lol. I stil can't SSS any basic T_T

And the screen protector might help out alot I forgot to say that I'm using one lol

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I still haven't got any SSS ranks either, I've had all crits except one note a few times. I guess it will just come with time :)

An SS is just a B with no items.
Nope. An SS is an S with no items. 700000+ is an S, 900000+ is an SS, 999999 is an SSS.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a tip for you, me. Play the game with headphones on. The music is absolutely wonderful and when you did that you got a SSS rank on the first try.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol