Anyone Got a GB Boy Colour?

kmno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So how hard is to mod you GBC to add light? I have the Pokemon one that came with Yellow and I think I would like to mod it so I can finally see whatever I'm playing anywhere. Also how hard is to fix the speaker? Mine is failing so I would like to do something about it.

Nusdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how hard is to mod you GBC to add light? I have the Pokemon one that came with Yellow and I think I would like to mod it so I can finally see whatever I'm playing anywhere. Also how hard is to fix the speaker? Mine is failing so I would like to do something about it.

There you go: http://mikejmoffitt.com/wp/?p=70

That's the tutorial I followed. Works great!

Reactions: SmokeyTheDog

SSG Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you might have misunderstood. The GB Boy is a Chinese GBC clone. It has a backlight. That's why I'm so excited... A Game Boy Color compatible console with a backlight! It just seems too cool. And it was only £12 brand new!

PS: I also like that the company have actually spelled 'colour' correctly too. :P

Does it have built in Roms ?

Bart Lemming

Gēmu Bōi mikuro
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I got my GB Boys the other day and have been trying them out. I really like them. It's true that the sound is a little different but it's not way out like a NOAC. I think the d pad and buttons are pretty good too. The screens are at least as sharp as an AGS-101 and have less ghosting.

Neither of mine came with the built-in games so I can't comment on that aspect.

All in all, I'm a happy chappy. I can finally play Kirby T'n'T properly and with my flash cart I can now play Chikyuu Kaihou Gun ZAS and not have an epileptic fit!

FireSeel

Trophies
XP
Country
I got mine today, and I am so far pleased with it. The sound is out though, playing with effects in muddyGB doesn't work. It also has some issues with pokemon crystal, although they do not affect gameplay much, the cries of the pokemon when they enter a battle does not sound, and there is a faint flicker on the screen, but this only appears to affect pokemon cystal, but I have not tested many games. My USB GB 64M does work on it too. The buttons are nice, I prefer the dpad on this to the original gbc.

Kryznic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a GB Boy the original Dmg clone, I would like to install a back light as I did in my GB Pocket but the motherboards are different and I don't know what points I can solder to for power and ground. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Lemmy Koopa

M3 Perfect fanboy
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I've just ordered one for £12! It actually looks really good in the Youtube videos I've looked at but I was just wondering if any of you lot had one.

If you do, what do you think? Is it as good as it looks?

Finally, I'll be able to play Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble and see the screen properly. (I hope!)

I have one, and I honestly think GBC games look better on a GBC than a GBA because of the LCD's white point, gamma and saturation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte