Gaming Anyone else noticed that wii is...

TaMs

Randomizer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So did anyone else notice that wii is actually kind of lame? It's underpowered compared to xbox360/ps3. It has network service called wiiconnect24 what does nothing really. It should atleast have good online gaming experience, but no they have to use some fu***** friendcodes. The only "update" (if you can call ut that) what is announced to be is that show your mii channel thingy or whatever it was. It's only useless if you ask me (like weather channel or news channel).

Ok there's coming some games for hardcore nintendo fans like super mario galaxy or brawl, but still they do those same games on every nintendo console. Example:
nintendo 64: Super mario 64
gamecube: Super mario sunshine
wii: Super mario galaxy
or
nintendo 64: Super smash bros.
gamecube: Super smash bros melee
wii: Super smash bros brawl
Almost same games. Nothing new. Everytime the same series. Of course those are good games (atleast I hope so) and I can't wait to play them. But i don't think that there will be any superior games. Unless they'll come up with something newafter they've made all their usual games. Or if there will be good game not made by nintendo, like resident evil 4 for gc, but it's unlikely because other consoles have more power and wii only has motion sensing. So developers probably will make "big" games to "bigger" platforms. If you know what i mean. Ps3 will have series like, dmc4, mgs4, ffxiii, gt5 etc. I know that those are the same series what have been on ps2 and ps1, but atleast they're able to make them look nicer and make wider worlds and massive stories because of harddrives and something. I don't know about xbox games because i prefer more japanese consoles.

Sorry for complaining, but i needed to write that all to somewhere.
biggrin.gif

Good think that wii is cheap and it has modchips. And what the fuck is wrong with that wii fit! really? Who needs that?

lexus-8

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the wii is good 4 somethings it has MOTION SENSING this makes u feel like u are in the game more than graphics do anyday. the wii is ALWAYS bringing something new to gamers wether its swinging the remote or listening to the controller. and to answer ur last question FAT people need wii fit!

u asshole

D

Deleted User

In my opinion the Wii is good for something. I enjoy playing Big Brain Academy with the Wiimote and sometimes I even enjoy the Remote Coach approach.
smile.gif

Also, what Lexus already said, I think the Wii isn't just about the graphics it's a totally different experience playing games with the Wiimote. I like RE4 Wii Edition a lot more than playing it on GCN with a controller for example.

@lexus: No need to be that harsh!
huh.gif
cool.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You would have thought more exclusive games would have been released on the wii now, instead of ports. Also that more online games should have been released. Some games like wii sports and excite truck are screaming out for an online mode.

simpson17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kind of feel that way now too atm. Hopefully the Wii will pick up once some of the newer games like Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles are released

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
If you got a Wii thinking you were getting your standard "next-gen" console then you are misguided. Adding motion sensing as a standard mode of gameplay is truly revolutionary. It adds a whole new experience to gaming, I feel. More than is added when you simply "update" the graphical capabilities of a system.

Nintendo fans should love it for their favourite series (which are quite different on each generation of console, but always unique and of excellent quality). Casual gamers should love it for the ability to pick it up and jump right into the less challenging games. And hardcore gamers, whilst lamenting the lack of graphical power, should love it for its alternative and involving way to actually play games.

I think that the software line-up is quite good considering that the console is ~1 year old. The coming year should be infinitely better for the Wii as more developers get on board.

Bottom line, if you want to play games with phenomenal graphics using standard gamepad modality then buy a PS3/X360 or a high-end PC ($$$). If you want to have a lot of fun with some innovative titles and don't want to fork out tons of cash, get a Wii.

This is the unteenth time I have read the fairly obvious statement "Wii is not as graphically mature as PS3/X360/My $12000 computer with 262144 MB GPU"... well, duh.

Personally I love my Wii
wub.gif
NOT becuase I'm a fanboy, but because it has provided me with countless hours of fun with just Kororinpa, Zelda and RE4 alone.

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wii doesn't have enough exclusives right now. By the end of this year, however, it'll be a great time to buy a Wii. Mark my words
wink.gif
It'll also be the time when I'll buy a Wii !!

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only thing lame here is you subby. Your first few sentences there ruin any form of credibility or intelligence you had in making your purchase if those issues are that vital to you as they were known well before the hardware popped up. The system clearly is NOT designed on the same level as those jump the gun hi-def systems, it's unique, it plays its own unique style of stuff and while it can do a lot of what the others could do too, it just can't on the same visual level at all by any means. You seem to not like the power, not like the net connect, not like the games. You go into the past stuff acting like the only 'hardcore' stuff is 1st party namesakes, and if you really feel all this is true you made a colossally stupid purchase with little to no research involved.

Sorry to tear into you, but a post like that was begging for it. And also FYI, friend codes aren't enforced as apparently upcoming EA titles do not use the codes so if that's a big issue, don't buy first party for online stuff. On top of all that you don't seem very bright at all thinking that any big name titles from 3rd parties can't and won't come to the wii due to the hardware. That's an amazingly retarded statement with what is in the pipe and listed as is from big names like Square-Enix, Capcom, and more...but I guess you don't bother to research things before making bullshit statements. And really...if you can't see the merit in Wii Fit and the balance board I truly pity your lack of vision. Yah Wii Fit just has exercises and stuff but it's done well to motivate many, but in the larger picture is that board which could have a LOT of practical applications to really draw someone into a more involved gaming experience.

Maybe I'll keep this argument up or not, but somehow I think it would be like one of those fingers in the ears NAH NAH NAH yappy tune out type things you see kind of with those fools who argue other dumb stuff in politics today.

Tamyu

Trophies
Website
tamyu.net
XP
Country
My opinion so far is that too many people (read that as game studios) expected the Wii to fail right away. Or at least not to sell anywhere near the amount that it did.

So they didn`t have all that much in the works for it. *After* it sold so well, and is continuing to sell incredibly, they jumped over to making Wii games. The thing is, game production takes time. Even if they now want to release tons of games for it, they still have to spend the time making them.

I`d give it another year before passing any real judgment.

TaMs

Randomizer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
HAve to add that the motion sensing is revolutionary, but still most os the developers just use it too much or just wrong (some games just should be played with "normal" controller). Like in pirates of the caribbean or tmnt you'll only break your arm if you wave that mote for hours
biggrin.gif
If you ask me the most important thing is that aiming with wiimote. It's far better than with analog stick imo.
I don't want to argue but it's just how i see these things.

ps. super mario galaxy really looked nice.

38_qjpreviewth.jpg

And you cannot defend that incoming "samurai slash" game for wii anyway. Screenshot above.
biggrin.gif

accolon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok there's coming some games for hardcore nintendo fans like super mario galaxy or brawl, but still they do those same games on every nintendo console. Example:
nintendo 64: Super mario 64Â Â Â Â Â
gamecube: Super mario sunshine
wii: Super mario galaxy

[...]

Ps3 will have series like, dmc4, mgs4, ffxiii, gt5 etc. I know that those are the same series what have been on ps2 and ps1, but atleast they're able to make them look nicer and make wider worlds and massive stories because of harddrives and something.

Absolutely. GT1, GT2, GT3, GT4, GT5 is much better than Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy! Because GT is not the same series all over again!
wtf.gif

And while Sony improves the graphics, all Nintendo games look the same! Super Mario Galaxy is exactly the same game as Super Mario 64, just with a different name! It still looks like it was released 10 years ago! Now that I realize this, I will sell all my Nintendo consoles and buy a PS2 and PS3, so I can play GT1, GT2, GT3, GT4 and GT5.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the wii is good 4 somethings it has MOTION SENSING this makes u feel like u are in the game more than graphics do anyday.
No.

QUOTE said:
the wii is ALWAYS bringing something new to gamers
No.

and to answer ur last question FAT people need wii fit!
No.

The Wii will have a decent lineup by early 2008 (with SMG, SSBB, MP3 and Mario Kart), but the lack of good original games in the first three quarters of 2007 really made me wish I hadn't bought the Wii...In addition, most of the promising exclusive games turned out to disappoint (like RE:UC...a "lightgun" shooter...?
wtf.gif
)

Critical_Impact

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Luckily enough I have a fast computer with a DX10 card so I get my fair share of Next Gen games on PC. Wii and GC games are quite fun when you have people over and a lot of the games for Wii are quite fun. Can't wait for Galaxy and Prime Hunters.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't consider wiimote motion sensing to be a gimmick, however this is how some people seem to treat it.

on the other hand i hate useless gimmicks such as wii fit.

I could think of many more fun and effective ways to get fit.

D

Dis

Wii is your WeeWee...
Buy a Wii and pray it has that extra 3 circuits for modchips...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: New Myoo.