Gaming Anyone else noticed that wii is...

*Layzie*

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hm

wii is somethin completely different from ps3 and xbox

we shudnt even be comparin anythin with wii

if u wanna compare 2 game consoles then they shud be ps3 and xbox

and i kno wii is gonna make some real good games in a matter of time

Da Foxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^ *Layzie* I'm guessing something went wrong with your browser.

I first wanna say that the only reason why we have fanboys in my opinion is because, they can't afford more then one console and by bashing the other console they feel more pleased with their choice of purchase. Thats what I see fanboys as.

About the Wii. I enjoy. The controls are different, but so far most of the games have the same control scheme in terms of you having to shake the control or point and click. So far I'm not tired of that. I also missed a lot of the games last gen and with the modchip I'm now able to play them. And I can't wait for the Wii Zapper and Wii Fit (Wii Fit is going to be used more then just to get you into shape!). The only downside to the Wii is the graphics. And don't give me the crap about gameplay > graphics. Thats BS. A game can't be good anymore without decent graphics. If Wii had the power of 360 it would have been game over for the other 2 consoles. But for the reason Wii not being able to handle the graphics of a 360 I'm craving to buy a PS3 because of the visuals. And MGS4! Big fan of that series.

Ryoku

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the wii is good 4 somethings it has MOTION SENSING this makes u feel like u are in the game more than graphics do anyday. the wii is ALWAYS bringing something new to gamers wether its swinging the remote or listening to the controller. and to answer ur last question FAT people need wii fit!

u asshole

l-m-f-a-o.

Meh. Wii cannot please everyone.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DaFox you are potentially faily right on that matter for sure, but another aspect is also blind following of one publisher, or just the sheer desire to be one who is an analyst like myself. That nature will play out and you'll nitpick the crap out of everything, though fanboyism on that can take over and you go from nitpick to lame insults.

I aggravatingly get tagged with it when I'm definitely not because I by trade in work do analyst stuff. Up until the Wii I've (outside MS) owned all the big consoles the states saw from the 1990s/early00 from Nintendo, Sega, TG16, Sony, and SNK so I think I can make a fair call on stuff so I do. I will look at any of the dumbass moves a hw or sw company makes and I'll rip on them but with info not made up fairydust horseshit. But, evidently people who are blind followers or just owners of X system and/or game will get defensive of their purchase and tag me the fanboy as they don't agree or won't admit it.

Fanboy just gets too damn skewed.

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you want more streamlined "omg violence!!! gore!!!11111 fps!!!!! war!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! graFICKS!!!!!!111111111" stuff, by all means get a 360 or a PS3. After gaming on and off for twenty years I'm getting kinda tired of your average games with improved graphics and physics, which is why I got a Wii - but I guess that's just me. The current library is indeed somewhat lacking though, but it will be expanded upon as developers shift focus as a result of the Wii's expanding market share.

I have been contemplating a 360 though, but I'm really not a fan of traditional console gaming with clunky gamepads so I'll probably wait until there's something I really must have that isn't being released on the PC as well (Mass Effect would have been it, but I'm fairly certain it'll receive a PC release as well in time. Anyone remember Jade Empire?).

MLS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with the OP. I have access to any game I please and there are very few worth playing let alone making a significant time investment in.

Their online system is pretty pathetic as well.

The system is young though, hopefully the unit sales will bring talented game developers, but at the moment it is not happening.

/MLS

mrchew

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok there's coming some games for hardcore nintendo fans like super mario galaxy or brawl, but still they do those same games on every nintendo console. Example:
nintendo 64: Super mario 64         
gamecube: Super mario sunshine
wii: Super mario galaxy

[...]

Ps3 will have series like, dmc4, mgs4, ffxiii, gt5 etc. I know that those are the same series what have been on ps2 and ps1, but atleast they're able to make them look nicer and make wider worlds and massive stories because of harddrives and something.

Absolutely. GT1, GT2, GT3, GT4, GT5 is much better than Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy! Because GT is not the same series all over again!
wtf.gif

And while Sony improves the graphics, all Nintendo games look the same! Super Mario Galaxy is exactly the same game as Super Mario 64, just with a different name! It still looks like it was released 10 years ago! Now that I realize this, I will sell all my Nintendo consoles and buy a PS2 and PS3, so I can play GT1, GT2, GT3, GT4 and GT5.

bullshit gta is the same game over and over you got a city some weapons and you kill people and drive around then they add a bike and call it a new game now mario is a game where it can be the same because of the story and the fact your in different type of world

all i no is we will never see gta in space like mario galaxy

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok there's coming some games for hardcore nintendo fans like super mario galaxy or brawl, but still they do those same games on every nintendo console. Example:
nintendo 64: Super mario 64Â Â Â Â Â
gamecube: Super mario sunshine
wii: Super mario galaxy

[...]

Ps3 will have series like, dmc4, mgs4, ffxiii, gt5 etc. I know that those are the same series what have been on ps2 and ps1, but atleast they're able to make them look nicer and make wider worlds and massive stories because of harddrives and something.

Absolutely. GT1, GT2, GT3, GT4, GT5 is much better than Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy! Because GT is not the same series all over again!
wtf.gif

And while Sony improves the graphics, all Nintendo games look the same! Super Mario Galaxy is exactly the same game as Super Mario 64, just with a different name! It still looks like it was released 10 years ago! Now that I realize this, I will sell all my Nintendo consoles and buy a PS2 and PS3, so I can play GT1, GT2, GT3, GT4 and GT5.

bullshit gta is the same game over and over you got a city some weapons and you kill people and drive around then they add a bike and call it a new game now mario is a game where it can be the same because of the story and the fact your in different type of world

all i no is we will never see gta in space like mario galaxy
Not only have you succeeded in missing the satire in that post, but you also don't know that GT stands for Grand Turismo.

coops024

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK ... just my 2 pence !

For me, enjoying a game has nothing to do with graphics! I own a Wii and my best mate has a PS3 We both think our machine is better than the others (as we want to convince ourselves we made the right choice !)

We both have a tennis game Mine is Wii Sports Tennis and his is Virtua Tennis 3 ..

Now Graphically his is far superior but which Tennis game do we still play more than the other ? Yep Wii Sports Tennis !

So what if my Mii doesent have any arms and his hands are just red blobs ! so what if I cant choose to be Tim Henman or Raf Nadal ! (and actually look like them) so what if the court is just green mush ! and has no grass defenition ! If I want Tennis to look good I'll watch it on TV ! If I want to PLAY tennis (but not travel to my nearest court) then I pick up my Wii remote !

Graphics dont make a game special, the game mechanics is what makes a game special. If it feels right then people will play ! That was one of the defining monments in Nintendo history when you picked up the Wii remote and realised that it works ! and it felt like you were playing tennis, bowling, golf etc.

So for me the Wii is way better than the others ... WHY ? because its fun .. I mean what makes Virtua Tennis 3 better than Virtua Tennis 2 ? ... It looks more like Tim Henman than it did before ! whoopy do !

So flame me if you like ! I dont care
nyanya.gif
you know its true !

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry for this off-topic, but talking about Wii Sports Tennis I thought I had to mention this:

Yesterday my wife and I played some Tennis again.
I never quite understood how I could influence where the ball was going. Now I do! I don't know if all of you know but it's not because of HOW you swing, it's WHEN you swing! So if you are standing on the right side and swing early the ball goes all the way left and if you swing late the ball goes more to the right.

It sounds daft, but I didn't discover this until now. It's really fun because now I really have the feeling I have control over where that ball has to go.
Cool!

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah it has nothing to do with how you swing the wiimote it's just timing.

Anyone else a little worried about the Wii's lack of games coming up? I mean Super Smash, Mario and Metroid are gonna be awesome but what's coming after that? Only thing I can think of is Mario Kart.

I wish they focused some of their time on developing awesome games rather than wiifit
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, probably the scouter