Gaming Anyone else get slow downs in Geometry Wars

Kael1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just wondering if it is my microSD card .. Are slowdowns in this game normal ? Only other one I get this issue in is Metroid Prime Hunters but that was only two hunter fights the rest of the game was smooth...

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to see someone who DOESN'T get slowdowns in Geometry Wars.

The game's too hectic to be smooth.

Let's you watch your inevitable death in slow motion.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering if it is my microSD card .. Are slowdowns in this game normal ? Only other one I get this issue in is Metroid Prime Hunters but that was only two hunter fights the rest of the game was smooth...
Yeah, it's not just you or your microSD. When the screen gets full of enemies/bullets, there is definitely some lag.

I notice it's especially bad when you have your drone as a high level turret. There's just too much on the screen at once.

Deleted member 110780

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've gotten slowdowns from having a high level turret with so many enemies on the screen too. But I never died, it actually made the game easier XD If it bugs you, just use a bomb.

TaintedWisdom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Add me to the the list.
On galaxies with the turret once I'm over 15 to 20 million on certain planets/maps I get total lag.

I thought it was my card, or just hardware issue.

-TW

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't get slowdowns cos I play it on my xbox360
biggrin.gif

This has been discussed ages ago that the game has slowdowns on DS.

damnet

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
if you have a slot -2 ram card (like the browser ram card or ez flash 3in1, etc etc) it should run more smooth, it does for me.

......actually that's completely incorrect, the game was not meant to use any ram expansion at all, it makes absolutely NO difference whether you have a ram expansion on slot 2 or not.

the problem with the game it's the DS itself, it's very, very, veeeery weak on processing, so when you have a lot going on at the same time( enemies moving in, particles being shot all over etc...) it slows down, simple......

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.