Hacking Question Anybody bricked with the fake sx payload?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creatable

Trophies
Website
hentaihaven.net
XP
Country
United States
What stops a faked/borrowed/generated PRODINFO from working?
Your bootloader / bootrom. Those two will check to see if that console specific info is there. If you use someone else's, it can tell that it is not from your console.
No, you cannot modify the bootloader. If you do, your switch will refuse to boot.

Last edited by Creatable,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your bootloader / bootrom. Those two will check to see if that console specific info is there. If you use someone else's, it can tell that it is not from your console.
That's not something that can theoretically be edited or worked around with the bootrom exploit?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure you'd need Nintendo's signing keys to do anything there, and we obviously don't have and never will have that.
Ah so FG isn't low enough on the boot chain then to bypass the signature check. That truly does suck, and took a bunch of exploitable consoles out of commission.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
a strange file appears that's not from team X And not on their website AND you download it and now your bricked. so who's fault is this? :creep:

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That being known how it works, I have another question. Would there be any brick that a payload can do, that you can NOT fix with a full raw NAND backup?
Just for future... reference. :D

Creatable

Trophies
Website
hentaihaven.net
XP
Country
United States
That being known how it works, I have another question. Would there be any brick that a payload can do, that you can NOT fix with a full raw NAND backup?
Just for future... reference. :D
You could overvolt the switch, which would literally fry it. You could also burn all fuses, making it impossible to boot without hekate.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You could overvolt the switch, which would literally fry it. You could also burn all fuses, making it impossible to boot without hekate.
Man, I can already see the future shenanigans happening.
Better just get the new Switch up and running, get a new SX license and forget about every other payload in existence forever.

Indominusda1e

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I bet most of the people who are bricked said tx are money grabbing scoundrels and they wouldn't use their products. Yet as soon as a "cracked" version comes they try jump on the sx bandwagon. It makes me chuckle immensely that for the sake of 30dollars or so which would have saved them 100s of dollars in money saved for backups. They now have a 300 dollar paperweight. I shouldn't be smug but I really really am

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I bet most of the people who are bricked said tx are money grabbing scoundrels and they wouldn't use their products. Yet as soon as a "cracked" version comes they try jump on the sx bandwagon. It makes me chuckle immensely that for the sake of 30dollars or so which would have saved them 100s of dollars in money saved for backups. They now have a 300 dollar paperweight. I shouldn't be smug but I really really am
Wow, thanks for this input that really nobody else in this thread already brought up, and that helps so much.

Marlonys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is the truth tbh ^

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
He spake the truth to be fair.
All the warnings to be careful what payload you’re injecting and to take nand backup are all over the place.
If you choose to ignore and get burnt then well...

Reactions: achandab
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...