Hacking Any way to update without internet?

Veloxi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Since I can't run wireless in my house, and I can't get a neighbors connection (blah), is there any way I can update to 3.3? I am running 3.2U now, but I used a homebrew to delete my system channels and now I really just want them back...

Any suggestions on how I can restore my systems channels?

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You need to find a disc that contains the 3.3 update on it...its the only way without the internet. Download one or buy one....which one...I don't know.

You might have to do a full restore to get your system channels back.

fly_us

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario Super Slugger is the only one contain 3.3U for this moment.

Since you are in 3.2 now, why not give the semi fixed disc of bushing a try.

Edited: Just remember you dont have mod chip yet, thus Mario Super Slugger might be the only choice, or wait for US version of Warioland: Shake!

Veloxi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Actually, my modchip just came an hour ago! USPS tracking said it hadn't left the Canada/US drop point, then surprise! It arrived
biggrin.gif

I have Mario Super Sluggers on a disc, but I wasn't sure if using a backup could cause a semi-brick or anything horrible.

Thanks for the quick feedback! And damn it feels good to have a modchip

Veloxi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Strange... with the wiikey, whenever I use the cfg disc and select "Block updates" from On, to Off, hit save settings, and re-boot... it doesn't remember that I turned them off.

Bah... don't tell me my Wii is perma-blocked from updates, lol

fly_us

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why block? If you really want to block, then try Starfall which is better.

Update from a same region disc, whether it is a copy or orignial disc never cause semi brick or whatever. If the chip arrived already, then there are many ways to updates. Using semi brick fixing disc from Bushing is a good choice, or using WUM to replace the update part of any game to 3.3U, then update from it also can.

But if you have a copy of US Sluggers, why dont give it a try?

Veloxi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Still no dice... whenever I change the settings on my Wiikey, once the system restarts the settings are forgotten. Therefore, I can't enable "Allow updates from disc" so I can't update! Oh well... I'll just pick up a USB Ethernet adapter then I can update online

fly_us

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IIRC then the Wiikey setting disc is quite stupid, when you click save, then it is actually saved. When you open it again, it just list the default setting without even try to read what the current setting is.

Meksilon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fly_us said:
IIRC then the Wiikey setting disc is quite stupid, when you click save, then it is actually saved. When you open it again, it just list the default setting without even try to read what the current setting is.
It doesn't read the settings because that would be like a backdoor for Nintendo to use - ie just "read the settings" off the chip, and they know you have a modchip...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up