Any way to "merge" the contents of two PS3 units together?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Cyber Akuma, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Cyber Akuma
    OP

Cyber Akuma GBAtemp Regular

Mar 12, 2009
    United States
    So, I bought a used PS3 slim to replace my aging PS3 Fat that has overheating issues, with the intent to perform a System Transfer. However, that used Slim had a lot of nice games pre-installed on it that I wish to keep.

Issue is, I have no idea how to do this while also transferring over all the data from my old PS3. I wasn't aware that the System Transfer actually formats the drive of the target system. And a Backup/Restore would not work because that also formats the drive of the system first.

Both systems are on Rebug, is there any way I can somehow "merge" the contents of both of the systems onto the slim?

2. HermitDash

HermitDash Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2011
    I don't think so.

3. Cyber Akuma
    OP

Mar 12, 2009
    United States
    Hmm, I am not even sure if I can do a system transfer without PSN, it's saying that I would need to use PSN to actually activate my games after the transfer?

4. YOUCANTSTOPME

YOUCANTSTOPME GBAtemp Regular

May 7, 2012
    Canada
    in yo mind
    You asked this over on Assemblergames lol but basically there isn't any way to merge them. You'd pretty much have to reinstall everything and copy over the saves?

5. Cyber Akuma
    OP

Mar 12, 2009
    United States
    Yeah I know, but I can't seen to find any information about this anywhere, or even a proper way to copy over teh saves since some of them are account-locked.