Hacking Any way to install EU sysnand/emunand on 8.1.0J N3DS ?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Update to 9.2J first. If you have a Gateway cart and can boot into Gateway mode, it is easy. Use launcher.dat from 4.0b (very important, other versions will brick you), install sysupdater.cia on your sysNAND, use 9.2J update files, and update. You can find the 9.2J files in the below link.

The other way, if you don't have a Gateway cartridge (but you will need a Japanese Cubic Ninja cartridge) is this: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/NTR-and-Cubic-Ninja

After doing this, install a9lh. Start from https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew) and do all five parts.

Then, you can change regions: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Region-Changing

It might be possible to do it in a shorter time, but this is a way that has every step laid out for you. Good luck.

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DO NOT USE GATEWAY! Use Plailects guide to set up A9LH. Upgrade to 9.2 and then use browserhax (or any other access point that works on 9.2) to get into the homebrew launcher and install menu has (type 1 dpad down config). Once you have access to the homebrew launcher, go from part 3 to part 5. Don't worry you can use your gateway after you set up A9LH using an easy workaround.

Sent from my Browser on a New 3DS XL with A9LH

Last edited by Skyshadow101,
Reactions: Myria

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
DO NOT USE GATEWAY! Use Plailects guide to set up A9LH. Upgrade to 9.2 and then use browserhax (or any other access point that works on 9.2) to get into the homebrew launcher and install menu has (type 1 dpad down config). Once you have access to the homebrew launcher, go from part 3 to part 5. Don't worry you can use your gateway after you set up A9LH using an easy workaround.

You do realise that 8.1.0-0J can only use Gateway, right? That comment could be confusing for OP. It's also silly to recommend using only the guide to update to 9.2 as it requires a Japanese Cubic Ninja, which is very expensive. And the job could be done just as well using Gateway, which it is likely OP already has. Also, if you tell OP to skip Part 2, then they will not see they have to backup their saves, and no sysNAND backup is made (actually read it, and you'll see that when you're on 9.2, it gets you to put EmuNAND9 on your card and make a sysNAND backup, and reminds you to backup your saves).

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do realise that 8.1.0-0J can only use Gateway, right? That comment could be confusing for OP. It's also silly to recommend using only the guide to update to 9.2 as it requires a Japanese Cubic Ninja, which is very expensive. And the job could be done just as well using Gateway, which it is likely OP already has. Also, if you tell OP to skip Part 2, then they will not see they have to backup their saves, and no sysNAND backup is made (actually read it, and you'll see that when you're on 9.2, it gets you to put EmuNAND9 on your card and make a sysNAND backup, and reminds you to backup your saves).
Woopsy! Didn't see the 0 in the browser version. I'm not a very much of an expert on Gateway. So I really don't know what to recommend other than Plailects guide. OP, sorry, take Quantumcat's advice. Not mine.[emoji2]

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress