Any way to copy saves of a banned switch to an unhacked switch?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Tomakage, Dec 8, 2018 at 12:47 PM.

1. Tomakage
    OP

Tomakage Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I have a switch that has been superbanned and it was my main account on it. I'm intending to ringing Nintendo to get it unlinked then using it on a new switch I intend to buy.

My problem is that I don't really want to have to start all my single player games from scratch. Is there a way to copy the saves over?

If I do mod the new switch just to use checkpoint to restore saves and then never use homebrew or anything on it again, is there much risk of getting banned or is there a sure way to remove any traces?

Thanks in advance

2. Manurocker95

Manurocker95 Game Dev & Pokémon Master

May 29, 2016
    Spain
    Madrid
    If you mod the new one you will get banned. Maybe not today nor tomorrow but it will happen

3. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Also good luck finding a new unpatched switch

4. iriez

iriez GBAtemp Regular

Oct 27, 2016
    United States
    Don't hold me to this but I believe launching a nro like hbl/checkpoint is not a logged event. It's only things like custom made (and installed) ornpirated/fake tickets nsp's that will create an event in syslogs.

I've always thought that restoring a save might be ok, assuming you do it offline once. But I am far from the most knowledgeable on the subject hopefully someone else can confirm.

5. Craftyawesome

Craftyawesome GBAtemp Regular

Feb 3, 2018
    United States
    No one knows what the situation is with homebrew bans AFAIK. Restoring saves like splatoon is also thought to be risky
    Maybe using the same account is slightly safer? I don't know what other games may have protections

The safest (AFAIK) transfer method for 2 switched would be something like this (this will probably still not work):
    1: Backup banned switch saves
    2: Put new switch on airplane mode
    3: create account on new switch
    (backup non-user partitions? I dont know where logs are)
    4: restore saves
    (restore non-user partitions?)
    5: reboot into ofw
    6: never go online and you wont be banned

Adding a third switch to do a legit user transfer from switch 2 might be able to get around automated bans or just give you an account ban. Maybe they wouldn't ban a switch because it might not be yours?

6. Tomakage
    OP

Tomakage Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for the replies!