Hacking Any way to copy saves of a banned switch to an unhacked switch?

Tomakage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a switch that has been superbanned and it was my main account on it. I'm intending to ringing Nintendo to get it unlinked then using it on a new switch I intend to buy.

My problem is that I don't really want to have to start all my single player games from scratch. Is there a way to copy the saves over?

If I do mod the new switch just to use checkpoint to restore saves and then never use homebrew or anything on it again, is there much risk of getting banned or is there a sure way to remove any traces?

Thanks in advance

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
Don't hold me to this but I believe launching a nro like hbl/checkpoint is not a logged event. It's only things like custom made (and installed) ornpirated/fake tickets nsp's that will create an event in syslogs.

I've always thought that restoring a save might be ok, assuming you do it offline once. But I am far from the most knowledgeable on the subject hopefully someone else can confirm.

Craftyawesome

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just combed through them again and you're mostly right; majority of the homebrew only bans were due to connecting online with homebrew (with the exception of 2 with one of them for clearing error logs). Doesn't mean what you're doing is 100% safe but 99% safe is pretty good too I guess.

A clean NAND would wipe out evidence of everything from homebrew to CFW to .NSP.

Creport has replaced nx-dreport. Nx-dreport was deemed so dangerous that it was depreciated by the original author.

We're at nearly 20 homebrew only bans and people are getting banned for using LayeredFS without dealing with piracy. If we're talking about what action is definitely the unsafest, it is definitely using hacks online; piracy is not as high risk everyone makes it out to be which is just confirmation bias.

No one knows what the situation is with homebrew bans AFAIK. Restoring saves like splatoon is also thought to be risky
You can't transfer Splatoon saves, they'll flag you immediately. Doesn't matter if its legit, its not from that console and it flags.
Maybe using the same account is slightly safer? I don't know what other games may have protections

The safest (AFAIK) transfer method for 2 switched would be something like this (this will probably still not work):
1: Backup banned switch saves
2: Put new switch on airplane mode
3: create account on new switch
(backup non-user partitions? I dont know where logs are)
4: restore saves
(restore non-user partitions?)
5: reboot into ofw
6: never go online and you wont be banned

Adding a third switch to do a legit user transfer from switch 2 might be able to get around automated bans or just give you an account ban. Maybe they wouldn't ban a switch because it might not be yours?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.