Hacking Any way to convert GC save?

bdr9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
Just wondering if there is any way to convert a GameCube save file to be recognized by Waninkoko's cMIOS instead of WiiGator's. As soon as WiiGator released his, I immeadiately burnt Super Mario Sunshine and got reasonably far into it before Waninkoko's was released, and I don't want to have to start over if I can avoid it. By the way, I am using an official Nintendo GC Memory card.

Thanks,
bdr9

penetr8or

Trophies
XP
Country
They are just completely normale savegames on the memorycard.
They way the game is loaded doesn't matter.. It reads the save the same way as if it was an original game disc inserted in an unmodded gamecube.

bdr9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
penetr8or said:
They way the game is loaded doesn't matter.. It reads the save the same way as if it was an original game disc inserted in an unmodded gamecube.
Nope. When I save a game with WiiGator's cMIOS and then run the same game (from the same disk!) with Waninkoko's installed, it does not recognize the save.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
penetr8or said:
Games loaded with early versions of WiiGator's cMIOS/MIOS Patcher gave a different game ID. The bug was squashed with the Xi release.

From what I gathered, you will need to dump your gamesaves and modify the game ID with a hex editor. Sorry, I have no clue what the offset is and such.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up