NULL

Any Softmod For The Xbox 360 Yet

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by jamespoo, Jun 13, 2019.

1. jamespoo
    OP

jamespoo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 4, 2011
    New Zealand
    Auckland
    back about 2012-2014 or so and off and on since then i used to keep up with the xbox hacking scene and wanted to know if there was any softmod yet

just recently i saw there was a softmod for the ps3 now so i was hoping the xbox 360 also had a soft mod

2. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 13, 2019
    United States
    Nope, probably never gonna happen.

jamespoo likes this.
  3. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    just flash your dvd drive, very easy. jungleflasher may look daunting, since last I checked, it was around 160-170 pages long, but you only need the part about your make/model drive.

4. EmulateLife

May 13, 2019
    United States
    Or find someone to rgh it if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself. I know playing games off hard drives is my jam though v.s. burning discs. I used to be all about burning discs but they just end up eventually going bad usually and I love just being able to sit back on my couch without having to get up and switch games (yes I'm lazy).

5. morvoran

morvoran GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2010
    United States
    People said the same thing about the DSi but look what's going on with that scene now. Same thing happened with the original Xbox. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a soft mod in the 360, but I feel it will happen one day.

jamespoo likes this.
  6. EmulateLife

May 13, 2019
    United States
    Well you can point to a Nintendo system in which every Nintendo system gets a softmod I'll point to another Xbox system since we're talking about Xbox the Xbox One it still can't even play backups. I believe Microsoft's security is the best and I don't believe there's going to be a softmod. Maybe it will happen one day maybe not but instead of hoping why not just get it rgh'd and enjoy it instead of just waiting maybe forever?

jamespoo likes this.
  7. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    Восторг
    There's no softmod for the 360.
    If there was, the hacking guide would've told you.

Only thing close to a softmod we have now is flashing the DVD drive.