Hacking Any Region Changer what what?

xjeremyx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, i've been reading gba's forums for sometime and have been able to accomplish everything i needed without help now for over a year now, so i never needed to ask questions so i never became a member...but that has all changed this past week. i've been reading around on HBC and whatnot and currently as of december 17 2008, i'm still using version 3.1U, i'd like to update to 3.2U so that i can play mega man nine, this is about as basic of a need i want or have to accomplish at this moment.

I have chipped my wii with the d2c key and installed HBC, on the site it says for chipped wii users to not update their wiis, if they intend to continue to use HBC. no problem, i can always make the game play for me through methods in HBC if it even if it wants 3.4 installed, no biggee.

First big issue, for some stupid reason i can't make the wad manager show up in hbc to install to have it as a channel on the system menu. i don't know if i'm putting it in the wrong place or what, but it just will not appear so that i can boot it to install it.

next, Any Region Changer will install 3.2 for me, if i understand correctly this is the only way at this time for me to upgrade to 3.2 as i went through the wii update manager page there are not any games that have the 3.2U update in them, it was as if nintendo saw the flaw in the update and chose not to put it on any games and then made oct 23 happen. here's where the ARC question comes into play. How the F do i put it on the SD card so HBC will read it. i don't have an SD Gecko (i don't know if that is required). ALSO i don't know where to put it, and what's all this about the LIBOGC CVS that i need in the LIBOGC CVS PATCHED folder? the further i read about libogc cvs and cios and ios and whatnot the further i begin to confuse myself, usually this stuff is pretty straight forward, but it seems that everyone updated, and i didn't at the time because i wasn't wii-ing it up and now it seems like i've missed my chance to do the proper update? have i screwed myself? i've been trying to cross reference over several different forums, and it seems i'm the only one that has run into this problem. i never update until someone posts that it's safe, and then i always make sure i want to update if there is a reason for me to, so things like oct 23 don't happen to me. you know, i don't like being that guy that says, i accidentally updated...like how does one accidentally go through all the menus and then click update and then click yes you're sure and then sit and watch it update and then go OH SHIT, WHY DID I DO THAT....why didn't you wait stupid dude...so i suppose i'm the stupid dude because i waited too long.

on the sd where do i put the 1.3 wad manager install?
where on the sd card do i put any region changer so i can update to 3.2U?

any help or links that send me to where i should have been reading all along are much obliged.

scooochie4

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
student.dcu.ie
XP
Country
I'm in a similar situation, pal 3.1 and planning on updating to 3.2 using any region changer. First of all, i think any region changer should go in the apps folder on your SD card, and the boot.dol should be within another folder, for example: \apps\AnyRegion_Changer1.1b\boot.dol and then the wad manager will spot it. A wad manager can also be installed in a similar manner (although it doesn't necessarily have to be installed - it can just be run from the SD card)

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
all the aplications for the HBC go in the "apps" folder in the root of your SD, eg. SD:/apps/Wad Manager/boot.dol(+icon.png+meta.xml

scooochie4

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
student.dcu.ie
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
and use Custom IOS Downgrader 1.2 instead of ARC, less complicated...!!!
wink.gif

So you say custom IOS downgrader is a better option than any region changer? I'll keep that in mind. I assume custom IOS downgrader is also an "upgrader"?!

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
there is actually a premade 3.2 iso. i used it to update my chipped wii. or you can jsut use Wii Update Manager and make your own 3.2 update disc.

scooochie4

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
student.dcu.ie
XP
Country
Hkari said:
Super Smash Bros Brawl and Mario Kart Wii have the 3.2X update.

Not in the pal region. Mario Kart has 3.1 and Smash Bros has 3.3!

@retiredjerk: I do have the 3.2 iso but I guess it would just as handy to use Custom IOS downgrader

Hkari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scooochie4 said:
Hkari said:
Super Smash Bros Brawl and Mario Kart Wii have the 3.2X update.

Not in the pal region. Mario Kart has 3.1 and Smash Bros has 3.3!

@retiredjerk: I do have the 3.2 iso but I guess it would just as handy to use Custom IOS downgrader
But the op lives in America according to the flag to the left of his post, so he could get the update from the games I said.

xjeremyx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
holy crap you guys reply fast, why i never came here to ask questions makes me feel like an idiot. thanks a whole lot. i downloaded the WuM, and i'm a little confused on how to use this, the tut they have is in french, after going through the WuM, i think i understand how to use it, i will use an iso i already have and replace the update with the 3.2 update, and then insert the disc as normal? and then all should be well?

and when you say i don't need to install the wad manager channel....then how would i install a wad? would i have to enter the HBC everytime to access these games? not that that's a big deal, but i have kids and a wife who get lost when it comes to doing multiple steps to play one thing...for me, it makes all sorts of sense and isn't a hassle but this is usually due to the "i know why it has to do this, this way to make this happen and so i am okay with doing these steps" where as they are not so much on the same front as you or i would be.

and one of you are saying the c IOS downgrader would be better for me

Hkari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xjeremyx said:
holy crap you guys reply fast, why i never came here to ask questions makes me feel like an idiot. thanks a whole lot. i downloaded the WuM, and i'm a little confused on how to use this, the tut they have is in french, after going through the WuM, i think i understand how to use it, i will use an iso i already have and replace the update with the 3.2 update, and then insert the disc as normal? and then all should be well?

and when you say i don't need to install the wad manager channel....then how would i install a wad? would i have to enter the HBC everytime to access these games? not that that's a big deal, but i have kids and a wife who get lost when it comes to doing multiple steps to play one thing...for me, it makes all sorts of sense and isn't a hassle but this is usually due to the "i know why it has to do this, this way to make this happen and so i am okay with doing these steps" where as they are not so much on the same front as you or i would be.

and one of you are saying the c IOS downgrader would be better for me
If you have the WAD installer as a homebrew channel app, it won't take up channel space; but the wads (Virtual console games and the like) would still appear on the system menu all the time after you install them.

It's basically a way to save ~20 blocks and a channel slot.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scooochie4 said:
ether2802 said:
and use Custom IOS Downgrader 1.2 instead of ARC, less complicated...!!!
wink.gif

So you say custom IOS downgrader is a better option than any region changer? I'll keep that in mind. I assume custom IOS downgrader is also an "upgrader"?!

um....no, ARC is less complicated.....how could cIOS Downgrader be less complicated?, it requires you to install a cIOS first, which to do originally you had to "obtain" a file that was illegal to share.

we can disagree about the preferred program, but I don't think it gets simpler than run the (ONE) program and clicking go.

xjeremyx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i used WuM and replaced an original update file with a 3.2U that WuM retrieves from somewhere, and then put that in the drive and installed 3.2U...Hooorraayyyy but now...dun dun dun...

okay, still can't get wad manager to work properly?

....WOW, i didn't realize somehow i needed to rename the WAD-MANAGER_v1.3.dol to boot.dol....what the f was i thinking...... awwwws hiiiittt...

so i go to install mm9, and it's a successssss, i see the mm9 channel (sweet), i click on the mm9 channel, i say start, and then, blank screen, then wii system menu reappears...wtf now....is this a bad wad?

xjeremyx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i uninstalled the wad through the manager, re-installed them. upon start mm9 i read on screen "The system files are corrupted. please refer to the wii operations manual for help troubleshooting."

damn it, i guess there were fingerprints all over the wad....oh well, but hey! now i know what i was doing wrong before...thank you so much for all your help dudes and dude-ettes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun