Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tower of Zot tips:

Use FIRE! On everything but one enemy pretty much everything is weak against fire. On the first two floors you'll get some fire armor and a fire sword for Cecil, if you can get those two things it heps a lot. Fire armor halves ice attacks against you and the fire sword hurts the enemies bad. Equip two fire claws on Yang. Have Tellah use the fire rod or cast Fira on all enemies. Cecil should cover your weaker characters, hopefully you put the Counter augment on him so if he gets hit he responds with an attack.

I didn't do any level grinding but my lowest level character was around 32 at this point in the game.

Hope that helps.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is this just my game, or everyones?

When playing, I have a real bad "artifacting" on my bottom screen... like, I can see ghost images from the top screen on my bottom screen... like bad reception from an antenna on a TV...

I'll try to take a picture, but not sure if it'll show up.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that's you, but there are some menu bugs I've noticed. In the Tower of Zot or Babil if you pop that menu up (the initial left one) over one of those tall 3D walls with the light effects it clips some lines through the menu. I've seen other weird things like that in some spots,but that's definitely a game issue.

camx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fission said:
vishi said:
Fission said:
Hello Gamesmaster - I keep dying at the Tower of Zot even though my levels are above 30 - what am I doing wrong?

Well go to a walkthrough there are loads on gamefaq.com they might help you

Might as well close this thread then if people are redirected elsewhere

Yeah really, why bother having this topic??? Ok so I'm still confused I havent had time to really pour over anything with this game, I just started playing it... but is anything from the GBA port in here, like getting to chose your party at the end and extra dungeons? Nothing is too clear to me on this... thanks

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vampire Hunter D said:
I think that's you, but there are some menu bugs I've noticed. In the Tower of Zot or Babil if you pop that menu up (the initial left one) over one of those tall 3D walls with the light effects it clips some lines through the menu. I've seen other weird things like that in some spots,but that's definitely a game issue.

I just fought the first boss... Cecil just became a pally, and I'm trying to level up some before fighting the "king"... since the last 5 times, I got my ass handed to me in 3 rounds...

Seems after every save, it get's worse... I can CLEARLY see Tellah on my bottom screen!!!! Since he's in my bottom "slot", and there's nothing at the bottom of the bottom screen, he's the most clearly seen.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I went the wrong direction on in the Tower of Babil on my last time through it (just before getting the Falcon). Is there a way I can get back to get the last few % off the map for that or am I screwed out of the Treasure Hunter Augment now?

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
Vampire Hunter D said:

I just fought the first boss... Cecil just became a pally, and I'm trying to level up some before fighting the "king"... since the last 5 times, I got my ass handed to me in 3 rounds...

Seems after every save, it get's worse... I can CLEARLY see Tellah on my bottom screen!!!! Since he's in my bottom "slot", and there's nothing at the bottom of the bottom screen, he's the most clearly seen.

Sounds like a pretty messed up glitch. What hardware are you using? Are you using a clean rom? trimmed rom? patching or cheats of any kind? What you're experiencing is NOT normal.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
I went the wrong direction on in the Tower of Babil on my last time through it (just before getting the Falcon). Is there a way I can get back to get the last few % off the map for that or am I screwed out of the Treasure Hunter Augment now?

I'm pretty sure you can't return
frown.gif

rover05

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys,
I'm having some weird problem on playing FFIV US version, I'm using M3 Real (English version) with latest system files v3.9x. When I reached the stage where I have Palom and Polom joined me, the game started to hang whenever the party getting into a battle, it seems that it can't load more the battle scene and hang with both screens in white. It looks to me than it can't load more than two battle scenes at this stage.

From the discussion in this thread, I'm not sure whether everyone is playing the Japenese or US version and no one has mention such problem. Please help!
cry.gif

VISHI SO FISHI

Cricket My love!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
rover05 said:
Hi Guys,
I'm having some weird problem on playing FFIV US version, I'm using M3 Real (English version) with latest system files v3.9x. When I reached the stage where I have Palom and Polom joined me, the game started to hang whenever the party getting into a battle, it seems that it can't load more the battle scene and hang with both screens in white. It looks to me than it can't load more than two battle scenes at this stage.

From the discussion in this thread, I'm not sure whether everyone is playing the Japenese or US version and no one has mention such problem. Please help!
cry.gif

Well i will sugest to re download the rom but keep the save file so you can carry on from where you were , this kinda happended to me too (R4) but then after i re downloaded the rom it was solved hope it works
yaynds.gif

rover05

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you VISHI SO FISHI, I've tried that twice downloaded from two different links (from HKORZ) and it ended up the same, unless you could provide me the link that you've used?
unsure.gif

I'm currently surviving by playing the Chinese version but the Chinese character is too small and difficult to read and it's takes some getting used to the characters' name.
wacko.gif

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just found a really funny glitch. If you have an Onion Sword when you complete the game, when you start a new game + equip it to Kain. Let him keep it through the destruction of Mist at the very beginning. When you regain control of your character you'll have 99 Onion Swords. Not particularly useful as they don't sell for much and only two characters can equip them, but cool anyway.

This did not unfortunately work with Adamant Armor, but I'm going to try it with the rest of the Onion equipment.

[edit]
Actually, it didn't do it the second time. So it must not be a repeatable glitch... Too bad.
[/edit]

WongD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I lost all my GIL after I left Mysidia. 24 GIL left, I had about 12000 after purchasing some armor and stuff.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sorry to bump this but just need a little help. where do I go to teach Rosa Levitate? It's starting to frustrate me now and means I can't go to the ancilly caves.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
emigre said:
sorry to bump this but just need a little help. where do I go to teach Rosa Levitate? It's starting to frustrate me now and means I can't go to the ancilly caves.
I can't remember if it was Levitate or Float in the US version, but Rosa learns it by gaining levels, not by going anywhere special. I think she learns it around level 38 - 40, somewhere in there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to