Hacking Any problems with EDGE flashcart?

vai

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi guys,
I've been using Edge for about a week now and I'm experiencing frequent game freezes. Particularly for the two games I'm playing right now which are castlevania PoR and FFTA2. The freezing would only occur occasionally during saves, that resulted in a corrupted PoR save file.

I have no problems going through portals and accessing the menu repeatedly in wind's room.

I'm using Kingston 1GB MiJ. I have tried using my extra identical card and loaded FFTA2 and the same freezing still occurs on both cards. How I get it to freeze is to perform save games over and over again. I usually get a freeze before 30 saves.

Is anyone experiencing the same problem as mine? I was wondering if it was a defective Edge unit.

woof811

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
no probs with the edge card i use with latest firmware , using kingston 4gb class 4 memory no slow downs or freezes as yet , very quick gui and well impressed .

woof811
yaynds.gif
gbasp.gif
yaypsp.gif

illithid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Bought a brand new EDGE to replace my old R4 two weeks ago (wanted to use a bigger capacity microSD), and it was great since. It has great build quality (better than R4, no loose cart contact) and touch screen menu. Little dissapointment is that my microSD protrudes about 2mm from the cart, but since I use a transparent case, not a big problem.

navilink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Can EDGE go online (wi-fi) with multiplayer capable games? Coz I read somewhere that CycloDS is the only DS flash card that can go online.

kikoexe

Trophies
XP
Country
i own an EDGE and a Cyclo DS.. when it comes to battery consumption, EDGE outclasses the Cyclo DS in this field.. at first i was ecstatic when i received my Cyclo DS and shoved my EDGE aside.. now after 2 weeks of use, i realized that the Cyclo DS sucks more power.. way more power.. so i shoved my Cyclo DS and went back in using the EDGE..
glare.gif

evoo1

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm not sure why, but today my EDGE kept freezing when booting ANY DS game. It did work after I reinstalled the firmware but still.. really strange. Also tried to replicate this bug but I failed.

touchmyichi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you all missed Navilink's question. He was asking if the Edge can go online and play wifi games like Mario Kart DS/Metroid prime with random online opponents like a commercial cart, not if it could connect to a wii.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
The Edge is a clone of the CycloDS Evolution. Upon examination of the internals of the edge, Shane R. Monroe found it to be identical to the cyclods, save for the onboard memory. Another clue is the unflush memory card slot. another clue is the near identical manuals. I say get a cycloDS, it has more features and support.

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
just get an EDGE unless you really wanna pay extra for RTS. And for the people bitching about the EDGE being a rip-off, get over it! Cyclo is making money because of nintendo, EDGE is making money because of nintendo and possibly because of cyclo ,but really who cares. I
F they can really clone it then why not make an exact copy. Knowing how the chinese manufactures are they would rather make a identical clone than launch a similar product. IF they cloned it then they could make a perfect clone and sell Cyclos for much cheaper and get a huge chunk of the market. They also wouldnt have to worry about updates or promotion or anything like that. If it really is the same factory making these cards then i think it would be highly likely they would make a 100% copy.

kitts

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
have benn using an EDGE card now since it was reviewed here, works perfectly with my Sandisk 8gig class 6 memory card on all games. connecting online via my wireless broadband works great too, no slow down etc. not tried to connect to a wii. imho a great card with quick updates if a game doesn't work.

knoxvillz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i think i found a problem on mine, whenever i try to do cooperative play on teenage mutant ninja turtles 3 i always get the message "connection error". Can anyone else try this game if it works for them? or it might just be my edge card...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo