Hacking Any other ways to bypass the failed to load on SD?

LegendaryGamerJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've soft modded my Wii but before I got into this project I had already updated my Wii to 4.3U. Now I've been trying to get the VC/Wii wares I have to load off a SD card to save block space off console. I've been hearing about using Triforce to do this but I was wondering has anyone else found a way to work around the failed to load on SDs? Wondering is it possible to patch and emulate a 4.2 system menu without using Triforce. If anyone found a way to get channels to load off the SD another way can you post a guide please. Thanks.

LegendaryGamer

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
LegendaryGamerJ said:
I've soft modded my Wii but before I got into this project I had already updated my Wii to 4.3U. Now I've been trying to get the VC/Wii wares I have to load off a SD card to save block space off console.

Assuming these are pirate VC/wiiware then I think you need to trucha patch the system menu's IOS.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Can't you run them from the SD card using the build in SD menu in 4.3? In 4.1 I can do that even without trucha patching the system menu IOS. That is only needed for homebrew channels.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
petspeed said:
Can't you run them from the SD card using the build in SD menu in 4.3? In 4.1 I can do that even without trucha patching the system menu IOS. That is only needed for homebrew channels.
If it is legit game, sure. If it is pirated game, then no.

Also, SD menu is not 100% true. When you launch a game from SD menu, it copies it back into NAND in order to play.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
LegendaryGamerJ said:
I've soft modded my Wii but before I got into this project I had already updated my Wii to 4.3U. Now I've been trying to get the VC/Wii wares I have to load off a SD card to save block space off console. I've been hearing about using Triforce to do this but I was wondering has anyone else found a way to work around the failed to load on SDs? Wondering is it possible to patch and emulate a 4.2 system menu without using Triforce. If anyone found a way to get channels to load off the SD another way can you post a guide please. Thanks.

LegendaryGamer
It's normal that it fail to launch the games from sd, because there are pirated and only have fake sign. IOS80, the system menu 4.3 IOS, detects that fake sign and blocks the loading process (=fail to load). You need to trucha bug IOS80 again that it accept the fake sign. Download ModMii, start it, I Agree, enter, 1, enter, 80, enter, D, enter, Y, enter, O, enter, and copy the IOS80-64-v6944[FS-ES-NP].wad from the wad folder to your sd card and install the wad. Then you should be able to load the games from SD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.