Homebrew Any OpenGL v > 1.1 available ?

Pikachuk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
I was wondering if any OpenGL v superior to 1.1 was available for Wii U homebrews (and maybe 3DS homebrews)
Because while the Vita benefits from https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/vitaGL which allows some projects like a port of godot to vita to exist, the lack of actual true GL available to wii u makes it way more complex to port game engines and co to wii u, that's why i wondered if anyone knew of better ports than the 1.1 ones

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
was able to compile the vita one:

1656753531359.png

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about that one. chances are it would require an older version of porlibs or libogc or both, considering most people no longer care about the system. :-/

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was wondering if any OpenGL v superior to 1.1 was available for Wii U homebrews
There is no such thing. In fact we don't even have a GX2 shader compiler, so the real pros are writing shaders in assembler.
Other than that I heard GX2 is pretty similiar to OpenGL but never looked into it.

Reactions: godreborn

Pikachuk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There is no such thing. In fact we don't even have a GX2 shader compiler, so the real pros are writing shaders in assembler.
Other than that I heard GX2 is pretty similiar to OpenGL but never looked into it.
tbf it's the same for the 3ds, we write shaders in pica assembly, we don't really need the real time glsl compiler for opengl, as opengl can work with precompiled shaders

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tbf it's the same for the 3ds, we write shaders in pica, we don't really need the real time glsl compiler for opengl, as opengl can work with precompiled shaders
I found this, but it will not compile (probably too old with latest tools as it's something like 3 years old): https://github.com/snickerbockers/gx2gl

no instructions on what was used for compiling.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, I had to add in the wut include, library, and share folders on top of individual folders within include manually, since cmd prompt has issues with mkdir if using make install for in this instance wut. linux has no such issue. it's just weird, but I prefer using wsl to build, but I'll use msys for ease of access to files without the problematic restrictions of normal linux (i.e. inability to copy and paste in certain directories).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Whip it, whip it good!