Gaming Any one did the old 360 switcharoo?

Licardo7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I was thinking of doing the old Xbox 360 switcharoo.

For those of you who don't know what the 360 switcharoo is, This is what you do:
  • first, you buy a 360 from a store
  • then you buy a cheap, busted Xbox (have to get one with "Red rings of death")
  • You switch the serial tag from the back of the 360s
  • you put everything in the box and return it for your money back or a new Xbox
There, now you ether have a new Xbox console for free or have two consoles for the price of one. Now what I want to know is this: [*]has anyone did this and did it work for them?[*]is it a good idea?[*]Is it worth it?[*]should I return the console for my money back or get a new one?[*]What store is good for making these switches?[*]is there another way of doing a switch? (what ways you or someone you knew use?)[*]is removing the serial code sticker easy?Thanks in advance.

S

ScuberSteve

1. No, but friends have success stories.
2. Morally, no, financially, it's almost 100% profit, so yes.
3. When is a free Xbox 360 NOT worth it? When you do something illigal to get it. So, your choice.
4. New one. Then sell it.
5. Wal-Mart.
6. Probably is, not that I know of.
7. I have no idea.

Licardo7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
QUOTE said:
then you buy a cheap, busted Xbox (have to get one with "Red rings of death")

Why would anyone sell a RRoD 360? Can't they get a free repair from Microsoft?

Well, if you go to eBay and look up "Broken Xbox 360" you'll find a lot of items. I think people are not selling it. Mini web stores that get overstocks usually get an occasional RRoD 360 and they can't sell it in the store so they just sell it on eBay.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, isn't illegal activity such as this banned here at GBATemp?
ph34r.gif

sonicstorm

Gamertag: Calogero91 add me.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I DID! Stupid Walmart lol, I took the controller as well.

Heating up the sticker with a hair dryer really helps, becuase it a foil also take the seal on the box very carefully if that looks tampered with thats the only reason why they would be suspicious. Also pay cash and if they ask why your returning it, used my line: "My little brother wanted a PS3 instead but I'll buy it another time"

Nottulys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've actaully had to do this with I think 6 freakin 360's already....but my step-pops works at Costco.

Heres another thing to help, make sure you also switch that hidden sticker in the inside of that USB flap on the front!

sonicstorm

Gamertag: Calogero91 add me.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nottulys said:
I've actaully had to do this with I think 6 freakin 360's already....but my step-pops works at Costco.

Heres another thing to help, make sure you also switch that hidden sticker in the inside of that USB flap on the front!

Don't you have a membership at Costco, they have the information to find you if you were to get caught. Wouldn't they?

Licardo7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nottulys said:

I never hered of a sticker in the USB flap? Dose it have the info they need to bust you?

GN-001 Exia

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skyman747 said:
I don't think it is so much "illegal" as it is Dishonest, deceitful, and just shows you are a cheap person. Think of the person who would buy that 360?

I am sure FRAUD doesn't get you jail time

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up