The Xbox 360 is 18 years old

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where is the best place that I can get a PS3 Slim/SuperSlim? We bought 3 og ones and they all died on us
A mom and pop shop or a local game store that gives warranty. eBay and other online stores are a gamble because of the reason below.

I've never had a PS3 die/YLoD on me, but they can get loud due to the thermal paste needing a replacement. My PS3 Slim gets somewhat noisy when I play GTA V though after a while it gets quiet again.

Reactions: DragonMals

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Original Xbox - originally required modchip, eventually got a softmod exploit
Xbox 360 - RGH or flash drive, no softmod
Xbox One - No exploits exist, backups don't even exist
Xbox Series X - see Xbox One

Just gotta give MS credit where credit is due, but they can afford the best security in the world on a game console. (although they can't stop PC piracy except for Denuvo)

I got as far as owning an Xbox One but got a gaming Pc and it became redundant so I sold it, no need for Xbox Series X as they just put all their games on PC now.
Post automatically merged:

Okay, that sounds more promising than the original Xbox. Does modding allow non-ps2 compatible ps3s to play ps2 games? Although it sounds obvious, I'm asking cause I'm still learning things.

Yep, here is the compatibility list. Pretty darn good compatibility now days as last I checked a year or two ago there were people STILL making more games compatible.

https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/PS2_Classics_Emulator_Compatibility_List
Post automatically merged:

Via ISO you'll find out if it works.

Dead or Alive 2 on PS3 is just playable at best, while the Dreamcast and Xbox (remake) are the best ones.

On PS3, the best DoA is the 5th one.

Many PS2 Isos require a configuration file added to the same location to fix them. DOA 2 is working like normal with a proper config.

Last edited by Jayinem,

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Wasn't there a way to run emulators without paying Microsoft for the privilege on XSX? While not exactly full homebrew, it's still an achievement.

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS1, PS2 (ISOs and Emulated versions from the PSN), PS3 (of course), and other retro consoles. It's fantastic really and you can customize the boot up screen and sound of the system if you don't want the standard.

Mine has the PS buttons as the boot up screen with the PS1 boot up sound.

I prefer using the older PlayStation 3 logos and sound.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Xbox 360 - RGH or flash drive, no softmod
Xbox One - No exploits exist, backups don't even exist

Flashing the drive can be achieved without hardware on many old 360's.
It's technically a softmod considering one could run the KK exploit if the console is old enough* without any hardware modifications.

Also this: https://github.com/theori-io/chakra-2016-11

Exploits for the Xbone do exist, they're simply not public.

* old enough as in it hasn't been updated past 4552.

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
Wasn't there a way to run emulators without paying Microsoft for the privilege on XSX? While not exactly full homebrew, it's still an achievement.

Well there used to be something through retail mode a while back but MS recalled them. I forgot the reason.

FonzT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
PS3, PS4, PS5 are hackable always through WebKit exploits (well, PS3 had the damned Flash, which was popular back in 2000, but a large source of security flaws, on both PS3 and expecially PCs!!).
Why does your browsers (like Chrome) get updated very frequently? Chrome is at version 120!! Just to say...
This is the main reason: SECURITY.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS3, PS4, PS5 are hackable always through WebKit exploits (well, PS3 had the damned Flash, which was popular back in 2000, but a large source of security flaws, on both PS3 and expecially PCs!!).
Why does your browsers (like Chrome) get updated very frequently? Chrome is at version 120!! Just to say...
This is the main reason: SECURITY.
Google is just gonna try to start a "war" with adblockers so people will use alternatives instead.

Been using Origin Block for YouTube and works great. No stupid ads or warnings.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ohhh can we use AI to crack passwords faster?