Any of you seen Disney's Frozen film? How was it?

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I know that it's pretty much a musical film and after watching "Let It Go" sung in 25 different languages it has made me want to see it also, but I'll wait for the Blu-ray to be released.

Fingers crossed they'll include the Japanese dub on it because that sounded so smooth and beautiful.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ugh ...no Brazilian Portuguese version on the vid ..snif T_T

I haven't seen the movie too, but as far as I know, its not all that good, and the characters are pretty generic ..probably the only good part of the movie is the "Let it Go " scene..

Maybe I should watch the movie to say for sure ...but not soon

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
ugh ...no Brazilian Portuguese version on the vid ..snif T_T

I haven't seen the movie too, but as far as I know, its not all that good, and the characters are pretty generic ..probably the only good part of the movie is the "Let it Go " scene..

Maybe I should watch the movie to say for sure ...but not soon

Well, they couldn't fit them all on a 3min video.

I'm Portguese myself and was surprised that the PT side sounded so damn good, what's more, is that the Cantonese dub at the beginning made me think that it was part of the Portuguese track because the accent and some words were almost identical (São aqueles que...) though afterwards it changed.

Whoever put all this together should get props for it.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
It was a cool film.

Reactions: Yumi

Kayot

Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I liked it. There was a lot of singing with some plot in the songs. Also, Rapunzel makes a blink and you miss it cameo. The snowman is tolerable and Anna is hilarious. I suggest after watching it, you get the full OST as there are 14 tracks that weren't included in the movie. Also, "Let it Go" had two different versions. The demo is more somber than in the movie. It was sung by Demi Lovato.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The movie is not bad, but it isnt realy great either. Its not the ice queen people knew. Its a musical about the power of sisterly love. The main females are kinda tangled reskins. The brunette is pretty much rapunzel. The animation is equal to tangled, so its good. The comedy is kinda dumb but generally what you expect of recent disney movies.
the plot in general makes no sense though. Why would the ice queen have to hide her powers from her sister? That made no sense. In x years, forcefully supressing powers didnt work at all. Why did she never try a different way? Were they all so dumb to not make the connection between stressing and pressuring and losing controll?

Why was the icequeen unable to block the angry mob with walls of ice when they attacked her castle? Minutes ago she designed the whole thing from scratch, walls stairs and all.

Women of all age dig the movie due to the singing and the pretty ice castle and dress, ignoring all the problems and nonsense that happens. And it isnt a bad movie in the sense that catwoman is a bad movie. But its honestly not as good as many make it out to be based on the one song and the ridiculous hype over it and its variations

Reactions: Yoshinecra

Kayot

Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Lots of plot under the spoiler, don't read if you haven't watched Frozen yet.
Think of the target audience. Granted, if I had Cryokinesis I would have abused those bastards. Coming out with them would have been an uduh, like "Yea, we knew since you've been freezing the north forest for years!"

I think the whole point was:
If she used them in front of Anna, it could trigger a relapse as the curse was locked with the memory. It didn't, and this was a throwaway element in the plot. As for tower defense, she was a bit shaken having realized that she just kick started the next ice age ten thousand year early. As far as Disney films go, I was surprised it banked from the normal elements. I assumed the princes kiss would cure the ailment. I was wrong, so very very wrong. The plot got a bit darker then normal for a movie targeting six year olds. My eldest sister spat coke when the touching scene near the end, I whispered "Now kiss". My younger sister was like, "Wow, for a second I expected wincest" We're corrupt. Just remember the target audience still counts on their fingers.[

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From a musician standpoint, Frozen has a fantastic soundtrack, especially Let It Go from Idina Menzel. As a pianist, it's obviously a hit tune that everyone loves to hear. I've been practicing it at the university and everyone gets excited hearing it. :)

The plot isn't bad and while some characters stood out, others were kind of generic. Definitely a nice little movie though.

ResleyZ

Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was actually planning to see it myself this evening, since I also was impressed with the animation and voices. I love these animations, also enjoyed the movie Rise of the Guardians, which used the same kind of animation.

ResleyZ

Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just finished watching it, the animation was really good, they put a lot of small details in it, which I really like.
The characters, like every other 'late' Disney movie, you have the definitive main characters, which stand out, and the side characters which really don't. For me, the best part was at the Wandering Oaken's Trading Post and Sauna.
As for the plot, whilst it does appear like the usual 'prince saves princess with a twist' I didn't expect the ending at all.

So, as a 19 year old male, I'll have to say I quite enjoyed this movie.

Edster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too much singing. It seemed like an animated Broadway show. There are 1 or 2 good songs and the others are not great. The story is typical Disney template. The animation although good, the experience is lacking. The snowman seems as he was positioned just so kids might want a toy of him. Overall it wasn't anything new or great. It's an ok watch but personally I was expecting much better.

MHO

I know that it's pretty much a musical film and after watching "Let It Go" sung in 25 different languages it has made me want to see it also, but I'll wait for the Blu-ray to be released.

Fingers crossed they'll include the Japanese dub on it because that sounded so smooth and beautiful.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I like it, though not really impressive. I really like Do you want to build a snowman part.
I did feel that breaking the curse was within the 2 sisters but never put much thought into it. so I wasn't really that surprised when it came.
I think it has impressive scenes but doesn't really make up for an impressive movie.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I saw it, it was pretty good. The animation was amazing, the songs were all pretty good (minus like 2 of them,) the story was a step up from their older movies (including jokes that pointed fun at older plot,) and humor was pretty consistent through the movie, which was good, there weren't that many bad jokes.
I would say the movie is more than worth the watch and earned a lot of it's praise and equally earned it's criticisms.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw it, it was pretty good. The animation was amazing, the songs were all pretty good (minus like 2 of them,) the story was a step up from their older movies (including jokes that pointed fun at older plot,) and humor was pretty consistent through the movie, which was good, there weren't that many bad jokes.
I would say the movie is more than worth the watch and earned a lot of it's praise and equally earned it's criticisms.

The most important question to ask yourself afterwards is "Do you wanna build a snowman?"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: or well somewhat