Any of you seen Disney's Frozen film? How was it?

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bit of a necrobump, but I just saw this at my university, so I figured I could chip in.

Let me just saw, wow. What a complete fucking disappointment. I went in with an open mind, but Disney did just about everything wrong here. First of all, Bobby Drake is Iceman. Iceman. And now he's some sort of queen? What? How do you mess that up? Were they desperate for diversity or something here?

Not only that, but they got everything about his character wrong. Bobby Drake might be an Omega-Level mutant, but freezing entire kingdoms and bringing snow golems to life? That's not in his grab bag. Geez, talk about power creep. Also, he isn't from 200 years ago and he certainly doesn't do showtunes.

Worse, there's like, no other X-Men here. I mean, you're telling me they put Bobby Drake in the past for whatever reason and they don't bring out Mr. Sinister or Apocalypse? What about Mystique and Wolverine? Time-travelling Beast? Nope, none of them are even referenced here.

This is the laziest, worse adaptation I've ever seen. It's like the tried to get everything wrong or something. I've been willing to give Disney a chance with the Marvel license, but if this is how they're going to treat these characters, then forget it.

1/10, will not let it go

If we have to judge the movie on its own merits, it was pretty good. It felt a little too heavy on events and a little too light on story at times, and for being such a pivotal character, Elsa is off screen a whole lot, and when she does appear it's usually the same routine over and over again. A lot of stuff felt kind of extraneous, too.

Music wise it was pretty good. I don't really understand all the hype around Let It Go when it's just about the worst song in the film. I mean, it's technically competent, but it just sounds like someone was determined to compose the most generic Broadway song possible. I mean, if that was their goal, then congrats, I suppose.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I watched this a couple weeks ago, and, let me just say: I loved it. I'm a bitch for Disney movies though, especially musical ones, so, uh, well, there's that.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Bit of a necrobump, but I just saw this at my university, so I figured I could chip in.

Let me just saw, wow. What a complete fucking disappointment. I went in with an open mind, but Disney did just about everything wrong here. First of all, Bobby Drake is Iceman. Iceman. And now he's some sort of queen? What? How do you mess that up? Were they desperate for diversity or something here?

Not only that, but they got everything about his character wrong. Bobby Drake might be an Omega-Level mutant, but freezing entire kingdoms and bringing snow golems to life? That's not in his grab bag. Geez, talk about power creep. Also, he isn't from 200 years ago and he certainly doesn't do showtunes.

Worse, there's like, no other X-Men here. I mean, you're telling me they put Bobby Drake in the past for whatever reason and they don't bring out Mr. Sinister or Apocalypse? What about Mystique and Wolverine? Time-travelling Beast? Nope, none of them are even referenced here.

This is the laziest, worse adaptation I've ever seen. It's like the tried to get everything wrong or something. I've been willing to give Disney a chance with the Marvel license, but if this is how they're going to treat these characters, then forget it.

1/10, will not let it go

If we have to judge the movie on its own merits, it was pretty good. It felt a little too heavy on events and a little too light on story at times, and for being such a pivotal character, Elsa is off screen a whole lot, and when she does appear it's usually the same routine over and over again. A lot of stuff felt kind of extraneous, too.

Music wise it was pretty good. I don't really understand all the hype around Let It Go when it's just about the worst song in the film. I mean, it's technically competent, but it just sounds like someone was determined to compose the most generic Broadway song possible. I mean, if that was their goal, then congrats, I suppose.

That review was cold. Frozen cold.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant believe that annoying obnoxious song got an oscar, it sucks, ,she sound like someone strangling a cat, does anyone have any standards anymore?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
It was a brilliant, and kind of deep Disney film. Rapunzel and Flynn even make a short cameo in it. Torrenting it was worth the time and bandwidth! :)

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I thought the story would take place over the course of several months/years, not two days (the intro doesn't count). The movie loses a lot of its impact this way. The trailers and the theme song led me to believe the story would be very different to what it turned out to be, and I think I would have preferred that other version. There's a lot of interesting and fun characters but their sheer number gets in the way of character development. All in all it's a fun movie but too many things about the story nag at my brain for me to consider it really good.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Arrested development references spotted, yo.

d85S7Ix.gif
Pvl8HBH.gif

YsubPC6.gif
rVHuIJe.gif

7Z1QoXE.gif
vuXRQ2L.gif

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it was pretty good. the music was god awful except for maybe 2 songs. the one by the trolls and the snowman (not the one about building a snowman, the one sung by the snowman).

disney songs are generally terrible, but this movie in particular had a lot of turds. plus i hate the snow queens singing voice.

i cant believe that annoying obnoxious song got an oscar, it sucks, ,she sound like someone strangling a cat, does anyone have any standards anymore?

her singing is technically really good, but her sound is very unappealing.

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
In my opinion, I think it's overrated. There are better animated films out there like Toy Story.
Anyways, if you haven't watch it. It's never too late to catch up and join the people singing "Let It Go". hahaha

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saw this movie since people are acting like it's the second coming and I do love me some animated films.

It was a pretty bad flick.

The songs are boring. The singing is flat out bad. That do you want to build a snowman song is even sucky if you listen to more than just the title verse.
No real character development. I didn't care what happened to anyone except slightly the girl with powers.

Some parts just didn't make since. Why is the sister (red haired) singing to the other sister (ice girl) that for thefirst timein forever she's finally there for her when in fact she was the MAIN one that was always making an effort to be with her sister and it was the ice girl who never wanted to do anything. Indeed, that's what the whole 'Do you wanna build a snowman' song is about!

The snowman character was completely jarring and out of place.

I can't think of one thing I liked about this movie.

Wish they would have done something better with the trolls. They were a cute concept but poorly executed.

By the way, did I mention how bad the singing was???

AsPika2219

Pikachu going beach!
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Special FROZEN song in Ramadan day! :lol: I got this after listen that song at radio! Song different but music same!

Singer:- Amar, Song:- Ramadan, Info:- Just using LET IT GO / BEBASKAN music with holy Ramadan day! Enjoy! B-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn