Any new version of the CycloDS? and replacing it

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Death50, Oct 13, 2009.

Oct 13, 2009
  1. Death50
    OP

Newcomer Death50 Member

United States
    Is there a new version of the cart?
    I have the one where you put it in from the top and a bit of the microsd sticks out

And how nice is cyclods about replacing the carts, because mine feels like its about to break

2. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    They would never replace a flash cart just because it's old. Wear and tear is normal for any electronic device, so you'd just have to buy a new Cyclo or other flash cart

3. blainy

Member blainy GBAtemp Fan

Australia

that is the silliest way of describing the versions i have ever seen.....the different SDHC adapters were just depending on whether or not the supplier was giving you the real cyclo sdhc reader one or a cheap knockoff reader...it had no bearing on the model number AFAIK

4. ChuckMcB

Member ChuckMcB GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Just to add to what DeMoN said, while it's very unlikely to get a replacement for a 'worn out' item, your contract is with the folks that sold you the card not the manufacturer. So visit/phone/email the nice friendly, local supplier that you got your card from see if they willing to do you a deal. [​IMG]

5. gtmtnbiker

Member gtmtnbiker GBAtemp Regular

United States
    On the Cyclops DS wiki, there's a section that describes how to distinguish hardware versions of the card:

http://cyclods.theta.in/wiki/Beginner'...rdware_Versions