Hardware Any memory sticks that go up to 100GB?

isamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I'm looking to get a new memory stick for my PSP 1000 but don't have any clue as to what's out there these days. Are there mem-sticks that go up 100GB of data yet? If not, what's the largest one out there these days, that you'd recommend that works with a PSP 1000?

Or how about say, a USB Thumbstick to memstick adaptor?

Chocolina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And as far as I know, and I'm about to make a topic questioning it though, but the PSP can accept storage sizes of either 64GB OR above, but have yet to read any comments or see any pictures of a memory card exceeding 64GB, and here's what I think why:

#1 Sandisk's much sought-after 64GB MicroSD is of a SDXC format that a PSP + MicroSD to MS Pro Duo adapter won't work with.
#2 And seeing as SDHC format is limited to 32GB, the much-talked about Dual SD adapters can manage to take two 32GB cards and add them together while still retain their formats.
#3 Lastly, while there is google searches coming up with results for a 64GB MS Pro Duo, all the pictures are of the same-brandless card that suspiciously shows up almost exclusively on Chinese "whole" sale sites that are often notorious for cheap and+or counterfeit merchandise. Assuming this 64GB is legit, you still can't combine them, so you're stuck at the 64GB limit.

Alternately I read/hear that there is a plugin/homebrew that can have the PSP read ISO's straight from your computer's harddrives via Mini USB cable.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly, the highest I've ever seen for an MS Pro Duo officially is 32GB. I've only seen 64GB possible with some of those MS Pro Duo adapters that take two microSDHC cards.

I'm also rather disappointed that the max size for a MS Micro (M2) card for a PSP Go that I could find anywhere is 16GB.

But the most depressing thing is the insane markups these cards are going for especially now. If a store will even carry one anymore, it's usually for some insane markup compared to SD cards.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But the most depressing thing is the insane markups these cards are going for especially now.
"Especially now"? They're cheaper than they've ever been! I paid $60 for my 8GB originally. :\
It's hard to look at it that way, when a 32GB Pro Duo costs more than a whole PSP system itself.

Newegg won't even carry Memory Stick Micro's for the PSP Go, flat out. And the cheapest place I'd been able to find a 16gig even was on Amazon for $30, while you could get a 32GB class 10 SD (maybe even microSD) for about that on even a retail store sale.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
But the most depressing thing is the insane markups these cards are going for especially now.
"Especially now"? They're cheaper than they've ever been! I paid $60 for my 8GB originally. :
It's hard to look at it that way, when a 32GB Pro Duo costs more than a whole PSP system itself.

Newegg won't even carry Memory Stick Micro's for the PSP Go, flat out. And the cheapest place I'd been able to find a 16gig even was on Amazon for $30, while you could get a 32GB class 10 SD (maybe even microSD) for about that on even a retail store sale.

Yeah, I remember paying $60 for an 8GB card. Seriously, you would shit a kitten if you saw the prices in the old days.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
"Especially now"? They're cheaper than they've ever been! I paid $60 for my 8GB originally. :\

According to you the PSP 3000 is $130, but I'm seeing 32GB sticks for $71 on amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Memory-Stick-Pro-HG-MS-HX32A/dp/B003USISNK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1343873224&sr=8-3&keywords=32gb+memory+stick+pro+duo

You can't exaggerate both ways at the same time when talking about two things in a relative sense, dude.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A *brand* new PSP-3000 is $129, yes. USED to be $99, too. :(

I was shopping for a used/refurb PSP in my case... which were going for a max of $80 for a refurb PSP Go, except the first Gamestop I headed into only had the box for one... not the actual product itself.
It wasn't far from an official Sony store though, so I went in to check out what an MS Pro Duo for the standard PSP goes for. a 32GB one for $100.

Don't get it twisted.

Heck, on that note, cheapest way to go would have been a used/refurb PSP-1000 for $60, which would make the comparison even more unfair.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know, 64GB is the limit, either with a 64GB memory stick, or an adapter with two 32GB microSD cards in it.

No flash drive adapters.

if you use higher GB cards does it make thing's slower? i heard much more memory is worse.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
A *brand* new PSP-3000 is $129, yes. USED to be $99, too. :(

I was shopping for a used/refurb PSP in my case... which were going for a max of $80 for a refurb PSP Go, except the first Gamestop I headed into only had the box for one... not the actual product itself.
It wasn't far from an official Sony store though, so I went in to check out what an MS Pro Duo for the standard PSP goes for. a 32GB one for $100.

Don't get it twisted.
I think that comparing two products when the first is going by used prices and the second is going by new prices in a store like gamestop is twisted too. :P

if you use higher GB cards does it make thing's slower? i heard much more memory is worse.
Not necessarily, but cheaper cards are often built to worse specs and thus run slower, so that's often the difference between a $70 32GB card from Amazon and a $40 32GB card from China.

Zombie_X

Trophies
Website
www.zombie-x.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I used a dual Micro SD adapter plus two 64GB Micro SD cards. I now have 128GB or storage on my PSP. I recommend this route as it's not too expensive.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I used a dual Micro SD adapter plus two 64GB Micro SD cards. I now have 128GB or storage on my PSP. I recommend this route as it's not too expensive.

64GB is SDXC which the adapters do not support. I call your bullshit, sir.
I could very well be wrong, but I read somewhere that there is a problem with sd card adapters and psp's.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Both M2 (max is 16GB) and Duo stick are expensive. Though never buy them from Sony or other retail stores. Price is inflated from these retail stores. Buy it online instead.

I managed to get my hands on an excellent (near mint) PSP-3000 with 16GB Duo Stick for $80 online.

Zombie_X

Trophies
Website
www.zombie-x.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I can understand you not believing me but I am telling the truth man. I have two of the SanDisk 64GB cards and they do run on my PSP. Granted it's not as fast as two 32GB cards but it works well.

Hi,

64GB is SDXC which the adapters do not support. I call your bullshit, sir.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)