Hacking Any hope of finding a GBA Sized 3in1?

Achilles

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm wanting to flash a single game to a cart and put it inside an actual GBA housing for myself and it seems like a 3in1 would be easiest. Trouble is finding a GBA sized one anymore. Anyone have any leads?

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Shop.01media.com appears to still have the GBA-sized versions in stock. They're not the cheapest company around, but they are pretty reliable.

Achilles

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Minox! Never would have found them, but holy hell... this is prohibitively expensive. $52.85 shipped to the US... guess I'll keep looking or just give up :(

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I think the link above is the most reliable one from what I can remember. I have heard that some other sellers sent tempers the lite ones even though they ordered the GBA ones. So I think it's something you should keep in mind just in case. :) All the best in your hunt.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thanks Minox! Never would have found them, but holy hell... this is prohibitively expensive. $52.85 shipped to the US... guess I'll keep looking or just give up :(
Yea, it might be a tad too expensive. You could probably make a topic in the trading forums on here to see if anyone is willing to part with their GBA-sized EZ Flash 3-in-1 for less than that.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Your other option is to get a 3in1 that normally only fits in a DSL and put the hardware into the shell of a real GBA game. Picking up a used game from a pawn shop or a used videogame store shouldn't be to difficult.

You will also have to carve out some space on the inside to make room for some of the chips. You will also want to use something like a craft glue gun to hold it in place so it will not shift around when in use.

Achilles

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Your other option is to get a 3in1 that normally only fits in a DSL and put the hardware into the shell of a real GBA game. Picking up a used game from a pawn shop or a used videogame store shouldn't be to difficult.

You will also have to carve out some space on the inside to make room for some of the chips. You will also want to use something like a craft glue gun to hold it in place so it will not shift around when in use.
Yep, that's probably what I'm going to do. The chips are pretty thick, so yea, I'll have to deal with that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc