Hacking Any help please guys.

HulkWogan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I seem to have an issue where I can only boot my Switch after sending a payload? Like it's always in RCM or something? Why can I not reboot or power off through Hekate and have the switch boot as stock, every time?

The console just remains black until the payload is sent, everytime.

Also something appears to have killed my Micro SD after updating to 5.1.0 with micro sd exFAT support (I did the update to not burn the fuses), can I fix that as the pc no longer detects it but the switch appears to? I did see hear some news about this recently but hadn't even got round to reformatting the sd as exFAT anyway so seems weird that instantly died.

I haven't chosen to use Auto RCM or anything either so any help would be fantastic thanks.(to anybody who replies thank you, I will not be able to reply until tomorrow, thanks in advance).

HulkWogan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, so this is normal behaviour for the situation and I'm best to just leave it for now? I can live with that if it means it may be useful in the future, now is there any hope for the sd card? It's new and legit but the Switch gave me card errors as soon as the firmware updated, I can't format it from windows now.

Thanks for the responses.

kkcheong

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Not burning fuses should be your #1 priority if you want a cold or at least warmboot exploit in the foreseeable future.
We the pirate already reach our objective. Not interested in whatever warm/coldboot exploit. Once booted in can play for a very long time.

Last edited by kkcheong,

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not burning fuses should be your #1 priority if you want a cold or at least warmboot exploit in the foreseeable future.
a warmboot will require a webkit exploit which is not 100 percent successful, so in the end it will take considerably longer time to achieve the same thing as just putting in a jig and dongle. I gave up on keeping low firmware after realizing this fact.

deliverator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok cool, I was getting mixed up because when I run hen payload on my PS4 sleep mode is a problem.

this has been fixed in a new payload for ps4. use ps4-hen-vtx.

as everyone else has already stated, autorcm is always on when you use the method to update firmware and preserve fuses. turning off your switch with autorcm installed drains your battery really fast. leave your switch in sleep mode.

Last edited by deliverator,
Reactions: HulkWogan

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP are you saying your PC no longer can detect your SD card when you insert it?
a warmboot will require a webkit exploit which is not 100 percent successful, so in the end it will take considerably longer time to achieve the same thing as just putting in a jig and dongle. I gave up on keeping low firmware after realizing this fact.
However you never know what the whiz kids will come up with so I am protecting my CFW Switch’s fuses for the time being as long as it stays not much of a hassle and I don’t have issues with autoRCM.

Reactions: HulkWogan

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP are you saying your PC no longer can detect your SD card when you insert it?

However you never know what the whiz kids will come up with so I am protecting my CFW Switch’s fuses for the time being as long as it stays not much of a hassle and I don’t have issues with autoRCM.
it's a personal choice. I don't mess with autorcm because I want to prevent running out my battery accidentally as this drastically degrades your battery life. The switch made it a pain in the ass replacing the battery and I want to delay having to do it as long as possible. second for me I wanted exfat support on my switches without having to do that lengthy tutorial. I really don't mind using my jig and dongle like once every few weeks (when I add new games to sd card) to boot into cfw. and it litterally takes less that 15 seconds. I'm curious to see how warmboot exploit works and see how long that will take to execute.

Reactions: thorasgar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/K-Gqyv0gkHc?si=nGlIcg7Lr7OPfc4a