PS1/2 any good Open PS2 Loader setup tutorial?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
...you sure it was on Full Duplex? Because Ethernet speeds far surpass the speed of the DVD drive itself - if it stuttered, it'd mean it was unplayable on disc. :tpi:

Yep. Ethernet may be quicker, but ps2 does not seem to utilize full speed. Transferring games to hdd, you get at best 3-4MB/s transfer speed (which is why most say connect hdd directly to computer to transfer), compared to near 10MB/s that you get when transferring games to the 360 over network.

Reactions: Flame

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yep. Ethernet may be quicker, but ps2 does not seem to utilize full speed. Transferring games to hdd, you get at best 3-4Mb transfer speed (which is why most say connect hdd directly to computer to transfer), compared to near 10Mb/s that you get when transferring games to the 360 over network.
Well, I don't remember ever experiencing any stutter on PS2 games over SMB... and I have 59 on the drive right now. ;)

USB on the other hand... :nayps3:

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I don't remember ever experiencing any stutter on PS2 games over SMB... and I have 59 on the drive right now. ;)

USB on the other hand... :nayps3:

Maybe I just picked a bad game. I tried that game, load times were longer than hdd and movie stuttered, so just thought screw that and carried on filling up the 400GB drive I have in ps2 :D.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Maybe I just picked a bad game. I tried that game, load times were longer than hdd and movie stuttered, so just thought screw that and carried on filling up the 400GB drive I have in ps2 :D.
Oh yeah, it's definitely slower than HDD, no contest. It is a good alternative for those who cannot use IDE for whatever reason though, that's all I'm saying. ;)

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
also whats the quickest way to get to OPL. at the moment I use ulauncher to get to OPL though MCboot which is little troublesome. is they a quicker way?

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yep. Ethernet may be quicker, but ps2 does not seem to utilize full speed. Transferring games to hdd, you get at best 3-4MB/s transfer speed (which is why most say connect hdd directly to computer to transfer), compared to near 10MB/s that you get when transferring games to the 360 over network.
PS2 ain't going to utilize the entire 100 Mbps bandwidth. I do recall SP193 once said that bottleneck is from PS2 I/O processor.

Mounir

Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Hey guys I know this is an old thread but I really need ur help how I can share a partion fat32 in ubuntu ?? I need a full tutrial thanks in advance waiting

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."