Gaming Any games similar to Diablo?

Jawas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rune Factory A Fantasy Harvest Moon is somewhat similar in the sense that you level up, get gear, upgrade your gear, except for the animal crossing style of the game, that you goto fish,farm,etc.

ausroller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lunar Knights has the same sort of "click-click-click-click" combat and it has leveling and equipment and all that jazz.

BigNastyCurve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really. Diablo is all about the lewt and skill trees. I would love a Diablo 2 port for either the DS or PSP, and it would undoubtedly sell like hotcakes, especially if there were secure online servers like battle.net.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Children of Mana comes immediately to mind, as does Lunar Knights. I think Dynasty Warriors also falls easily into that category of gameplay.

littlegreenyoda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Any ideas where i can find screenshots/reviews for Zelda? But its in Japanese language?

Don't wish to regret buying another bad game.. I saw a guy on the train playing a game so similar to Diablo and its killing monsters.. etc. Any idea what game will that be?

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
I would turn GBA here.
To Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, the concept is the same one as Diablo, radom items and equipment too.

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you like Diablo (as I do), forget Children of Mana and Lunar Knights. It's nothing to do with it. At leat, that's my opinion.:-)

I found both CoM and LK very boring...

I completely agree here. There's isn't really anything on the DS that's similar to Diablo. But for PC I can recommend Titan Quest and MAYBE Sacred.

littlegreenyoda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
oh dear..

was thinking of getting a "good" game.. but so far i haven been quite addicted to my NDS which i find it quite wasted.. after spending so much on it and still cant find any good games to keep me glued to it..
cry.gif

Those highly recommended games such as pokemon, harvest moon all just making me pissed off as i just find it a waste of time wandering around the place looking for items etc.. a little bit too repeating for me.. sigh..

Any nice games to recommend for girls to play?

Thanks!

D

Deleted User

I can't understand why nobody mentionned the roguelike.
Diablo was not an original game, it was a glorified realtime roguelike. Rogue is the first action-rpg game, at a time (1980) where every game was just using text, rogue was using a top-down view with ascii art. Then came Hack and NetHack, which is the most played roguelike right now.
And guess what, Nethack has been ported to the nintendo ds !
Beware these games are a lot more complex than Diablo, first you only have hardcore mode, so one death and hop, then all the identify scrolls of Diablo comes from here, instead that in Nethack these scrolls are hard to find, so often you have to guess, you wan't to know if an object is bless or cursed, put it on a altar and it will glow strangely to hint you, you are almost dying and you have a bunch of unidentified potions, which one to drink ? (paralysis potions are really unfriendly in this case)... Add to these that the average playing time for hoping finishing this game is between one and three years, and you have a winner. Forget Diablo !

akuchan

Trophies
XP
Country
well harvest moon would probably be aimed at a particular type of audience, that is probably fans of its previous games in the series
pokemon is highly recommended for people under 13 years old lol, otherwise they're just plain biased, which is their choice anyway
which could be y u were pissed?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users