Gaming Any games similar to Diablo?

littlegreenyoda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
wow.. you guys seem to play alot of games.. u all own NDS and GBA at the same time?

coz i only have NDS right now.. so wont be able to play those GBA games as recommended.. sobz

i think i need some games that are not too difficult.. and yet entertaining.. and oh.. i realised why i cant stand pokemon and final fantasy.. they talk too much.. have to keep pressing A like forever.. haha

littlegreenyoda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Oh.. thanks alot guys!

i think the game im looking for was dungeon explorer! but.. only in jap? and is it only meant for PSP?

any english versions??

Flozem

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The official Jap site shows a version of Dungeon Explorer for both the PSP and the NDS...
Can't wait for the release...

hirusho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm surprised no one mention Final Fantasy Ring of Fate. It is definitely the closest thing to diablo you can get on DS right now.

sillypatterson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't understand why nobody mentionned the roguelike.
Diablo was not an original game, it was a glorified realtime roguelike. Rogue is the first action-rpg game, at a time (1980) where every game was just using text, rogue was using a top-down view with ascii art. Then came Hack and NetHack, which is the most played roguelike right now.
And guess what, Nethack has been ported to the nintendo ds !
Beware these games are a lot more complex than Diablo, first you only have hardcore mode, so one death and hop, then all the identify scrolls of Diablo comes from here, instead that in Nethack these scrolls are hard to find, so often you have to guess, you wan't to know if an object is bless or cursed, put it on a altar and it will glow strangely to hint you, you are almost dying and you have a bunch of unidentified potions, which one to drink ? (paralysis potions are really unfriendly in this case)... Add to these that the average playing time for hoping finishing this game is between one and three years, and you have a winner. Forget Diablo !

"Glorified realtime roguelike"? Severe contradiction there. I see hack/slash and Roguelike at the complete opposite ends of the spectrum, shared similarities bedamned. The beauty of the Roguelike is in the strategy, in the I-move-he-moves gameplay. Take that away and you've got, well, Diablo.

2dere

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
wow.. you guys seem to play alot of games.. u all own NDS and GBA at the same time?

coz i only have NDS right now.. so wont be able to play those GBA games as recommended.. sobz

Wait, you do realize that there is a GBA slot on your DS to play its games right? Or did I just read that the wrong way? I never owned a GBA but I've bought a few games for it since my DSlite, Bokura no taiyou 2, FFTA, Rockman battle chip challenge...
So whats stopping you?

As for the Rougelike - Nethack comments. I've only just played Nethack and quite enjoyed. I'll have to do some looking into on the rouge part. Wouldn't mind some hack on the DS now that I think about it..

littlegreenyoda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
oh... i didnt realised GBA games can be played on DS Lite..

pls pardon my stupidity!! no wonder i thought how come you guys keep discussing abt GBA games. haha

still waiting for games like Doom and Street fighters.. sigh

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"I did not realised GBA games can be played on DS Lite.. "
You will need a capable cart in the GBA slot to do so, there are numerous threads discussing it though so I will leave that to you.

Street fighter: fighting games are fairly short supply, good ones even more so and good ones not in Japanese are gold dust.

As for Doom there was a GBA port but Doom got ported, as did Quake, Hexen, Heretic, Rise of the Triad, Wolf3d, Duke3d and numerous others of that era (sadly no redneck rampage).

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
i have few titles that are like diablo lord of the rings the return of the king, lotr two towers (skill trees, and hack and slash action), also star wars jedi power battles is goot hack and slash, but without skill trees and character "growing" (sory for bad english
smile.gif
)
all titles are on gba

Devil_Spawn

Trophies
XP
Country
diablo.rules.the.world

if even diablo 1 came out
i would go to the shops and buy the damn thing the second the shops opened!

Gimmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Well, firt of all, Diablo is not that much a great H&S game, I quit playing the first game after failing playing with the wizard character, and the second at chapter two. Icewind Dale is a great H&S, and many H&S games can learn alot from it... just saying it's not enough to create a class system, random treasure and a random encounter monster (and not monsters as they are all feel the same).

back to the thread... OMG!!! Dungeon explorer!!!!!!
05/11/07
marked!

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users