any flashcart on DSi...

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by wolfmanz51, Jul 25, 2009.

1. wolfmanz51
    OP

wolfmanz51 MrNintendosense

Nov 24, 2008
    United States
    Somewhere in cali
    perhaps any flashcart can run on a dsi if someone makes a loader that will boot from a current DSicart and allow you to boot a new ds game from slot 1 without blocking flashcarts and bam any cart should load theoretically only useful to perhaps boot my cyclo on DSi

2. Da-Bomb1

Da-Bomb1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 19, 2009
    Canada
    BC, Canada
    Uh...don't think so, unless there's a way to upgrade the bootloader, you can't get around a card being blocked. And don't think it's even possible to make an older cart to boon in a DSi by any normal means.

3. wolfmanz51
    OP

wolfmanz51 MrNintendosense

Nov 24, 2008
    United States
    Somewhere in cali
    but if you already bypassed security of the dsi menu and have boote your flash cart what tells the DSi not to run new code?

4. Da-Bomb1

Da-Bomb1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 19, 2009
    Canada
    BC, Canada
    Haha, sorry, I'm having a really hard time understanding what the heck you're trying to say here. Most old carts simply don't have the ability or capacity to boot in a DSi, unless you get into some serious hardware hacking. It's more worth it to just buy an Acekard or something for like, $15.

5. kobykaan

kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

Aug 27, 2007
    If It was that easy someone would of done it sooner! .... instead of revising the hardware of the PCB and releasing a new model of that brand of card as they have done!

6. m-p{3}

m-p{3} GBAtemp Regular

Jan 23, 2008
    Canada
    Montreal QC, Canada
    Like the M3i Zero?