Any chance of the regular PSP being abandoned by

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by pika3000, Nov 15, 2007.

1. pika3000
    OP

Member pika3000 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Any chance of the regular PSP being abandon by programmers ?, I plan on getting a PSP but I'd like to know if they plan to stop releasing things like DevHook for it as I hear that the two systems have different firmware.

BTW, sorry for the weird title but I couldn't fit programmers

2. Jiggah

Member Jiggah GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Uh...they do not have different firmwares. There are slight hardware differences, but the differences are not that major. The slim only big difference is that it's slim, with slightly more built-in memory I believe 64 instead of 32. Most homebrewers could easily make a function to allow additional usage of the additional memory that's all.

3. Samutz

Member Samutz Wet Tissue Sample

United States
    The version difference comes in the kernel.
    The hacked phats usually use the 1.50 kernel, however the slims can't run any kernel below 3.xx.

So far most of the developers have been releasing one version of their homebrew that works on both without any complications. And a few others release one for the phat and one for the slim.

4. pika3000
    OP

Member pika3000 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks for both of your responses [​IMG], I guess this means that I have nothing to worrying about which is great.

5. JohnDrake

Banned JohnDrake Banned

United Kingdom
    Retailers: Yes

Homebrew Devs: Never

Look at how the homebrew community still supports everything from the Atari 2600 to the Gp2x. I'm always amazed by their dedication.

I do think the Craiginator may give the PSP homebrew scene a run for its money....that is if it ever sees the light of day.

Until then I'm happy with my 2 PSPs.