Gaming Any chance of pokemon in the e-Shop?

HateBreed

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So with the recent virtual consoles being released for the 3ds.. Does anyone think that Nintendo will release any of the original pokemon game [red(just red) blue yellow gold silber crystal] on the e-store? I know they remade them but I love the nostalgia. I would play them on their original forms (gameboy color) seeing as how i have blue and yellow, but they lack a necessary backlight and theres the fact that not many people have them or the link cable therefore can't trade or battle... anyways... does anyone think they will be released on the e-store.. if so.. do you think perhaps nintendo will add wireless (either local or wifi) trading/battling.. off topic.. anyone know what might be released this thursday?

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Da Mafia said:
_Chaz_ said:
Da Mafia said:
I think we'd be more likely to get them as 3DS remakes.
Why would you think that?

Well to be able to "catch 'em all" you need the ability to trade and that wouldn't be possible with the virtual console.

Why not? The games are just the ROM coupled with an emulator, and with Nintendo extensive knowledge and documents of their own hardware, I don't see how they couldn't get something like that working. It would of course only be between 3DSs.

Da Mafia

Trophies
XP
Country
While it is possible they could release the game as it is, I don't think they would do it without trade functionality and I just don't think that would be possible without a modification of the game. So in that case it would be better just to remake the game for the 3DS where they can sell it at full price.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you were Nintendo would:

a. want $40 for every copy

or

b. $5; and likely get less sales since most common users are unaware of its availability on the shop channel

HateBreed

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
or perhaps both? red was remade into fire red.. fire-red to ruby to diamond and pearl.. you can still catch em all. With heart gold already having Kanto.. a remake would make it useless.. Red came before gold so playing gold and finishing the game into kanto and then going back to play red you would already have the entire cities down.. i didn't like fire red because all the extra pokemon from Jhoto.. I want my 151 pokemon and thats it.. besides isn't like every kirby game the same.. especially with SuperStar Ultra out Kirby Dreamland is just one of the games in it.. they still released it

serenade.63

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree, they most likely wont be on the e-shop, im sure 3rd gen will be likely to get a 3ds revamp within the next 2 or 3 years, that might mean not only an RSE but also FR and LG remake since they too are 3rd gen. If you want to play the gb/gbc pokemon games on a 3ds i suggest buying a flash card and using lameboy to emulate, it runs like a dream.

D

Deleted-236924

I can safely say they won't be in the e-Shop, simply because Nintendo is lazy.
They wouldn't bother editing the games to allow a connection between two 3DS'es.

HateBreed

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I really dislike 3rd party emulation.. they put too many things in the emulator its hard not to cheat.. like the turbo modes.. plus there is no trading/battling
edit: plus i no longer have a 3ds flashcart since i sold it (for 60) haha when i got rid of my first 3ds

serenade.63

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first, there are several pc emulators that support trading between two different roms/save files, second if you dont want turbo then dont use turbo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, prove it
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it