Hacking Any 3DS XL Owners having a problem with their DSTwo?

Chocolina

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have both a 3DS and 3DS XL.

3DS - 4.5.0-10U
3DSXL - 5.1.0-11U

My DSTwo is latest 1.19

My DSTwo shows up as inserted for both 3DS and XL, however the XL always freezes and refuses to run it properly.

Also as a bonus, on the 3DS, if I change the brightness settings while my DSTwo is inserted, then it won't boot. Whys that.

Most importantly though I want my 3DS XL running a DSTwo cause I plan on buying a 3rd one as well.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It runs my dstwo perfectly, brightness settings at all. Try backing up, formatting, restoring, then cleaning the contacts?

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did this 5 times already and theres no reason to clear contacts on a new 3DS XL, new DSTwo, new memory card.
but it doesn't hurt to try. your problems doesn't appear to be a software issue, as you said you have the newest version. if cleaning the contacts dont help than maybe your dstwo is damaged. do you have the newest EOS for dstwo, you mentioned you have 1.19 which refers to the firmware. The newest EOS software is version 1.11, I think

Chocolina

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have whatever is on this page: http://eng.supercard.sc/manual/dstwo/download.htm

I've flashed from 1.19 to 1.19 several times, as unnecessary as that may sound. and every time i reformat my memory card, I go ahead and redownload the firmware, EOS, and patch, and do the process all over again.

On my older 3DS, I can boot the DSTwo no problem, just as long as I leave the brightness settings alone, and on the 3DS XL, Alex stormrider shows up, but i boot into a black screen with no writing. My older DSTwo did work on the 3DS XL when it was 5.1.0-10U, however it broke about an hour after I ordered the new DSTwo, and the old one doesn't work on any ds whether or not I shove any paper in the slot.

If I had to say, I've not been very impressed with the DSTwo's build quality. I had contact issues since I got the old one a year ago. I only chose DS Two over the others because its apparently future-proof as it can background-patch. Other than that I think the build quality is atrocious as I bought a CycloDS Evo, and that thing lasted me for 5 years without any issues.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I can say my dstwo sucks in the build quality as well. If I try to snap it into a 3DS game case, it lifts up around the right edge, if there wasn't a screw in the back it'd probably pop off, haha. It's worth it though.

I don't know what the problem could be. I had that problem before with it booting to a blank screen, but that was because my sd card was completely shot and unusable.

Chocolina

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my new dstwo has stopped working as well. If it wasn't for the fact that you could patch it without an older DS, I would say its the shittiest cart i've owned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: And that game stick i'm tired of mentioning