Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I bought my R4 DS from modchipstore.com, and I used 2-Day shipping because I couldn't stand waiting longer for it. It got here on time, and it works like a charm. I would definitely suggest to everyone out there who are looking to buy an R4, get it from modchipstore! I had first placed an order at bamboogaming and my order got all mixed up, and cost me $60. But i cancelled it and ordered from modchipstore, and with the 2-day shipping it still came out $5 cheaper!

Ground shipping might have been the same time depending on where you're located. I went with ground and got mine the next morning
tongue.gif

I sould have went with something else then ground.

Their customer service sucks balls.They dont even reply to emails
frown.gif

EDIT:I guess if they dont ship Monday im screwed.
Eh, I doubt that would have made much of a difference. I mean, you're in the same state as them
tongue.gif
I'm in GA and I did ground and still got it next day. As far as their customer service, I actually haven't had to deal with them (granted I've only ordered an R4 at the beginning of the year and a PS2 modchip from them a few years ago). If you say their customer service does suck though, guess I should be glad I didn't have to deal with them
tongue.gif
They should probably ship Monday. Don't see why they wouldn't (not a holiday or anything) unless they're just being assholes ;o

rey123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HI!

I ordered from them.

Order date: 01/17/2007 14:39
Order Status: B

When I put my email on the Order Status window I get this.

No order tracking information available. Validate the e-mail specified was the e-mail used to place the order, and try again. Or your order has not yet been processed, check back at a later time.

Anybody know what this means?

When I get a tracking number, is showed on the Order Status

Thanks

EarthBound

a/s/l?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
HI!

I ordered from them.

Order date:Â 01/17/2007 14:39
Order Status: B

When I put my email on the Order Status window I get this.

No order tracking information available. Validate the e-mail specified was the e-mail used to place the order, and try again. Or your order has not yet been processed, check back at a later time.

Anybody know what this means?

When I get a tracking number, is showed on the Order Status

Thanks

R4 to start shipping tomorrow ORDER NOW!

01.17.07 12:18 pm

I ordered mine on the 13th,and they didnt ship mine with the rest of the order yesterday/today/So im assuming your in the same bus as me.I guess we will get our R4's shipped Monday since they dont ship/deliver Sat/Sun.

sprkls

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I placed an order for 2 r4dses on Monday, 5:14pm and opted for 2-day shipping to get it before this weekend, because at the time I placed the order the website was reflecting the item in-stock. The next day when I went to check order status, it said "backordered" and the estimated shipping date was Thursday. What?

So I sent a # of emails, only the first of which got a reply. I told them that this was not what I was accepting and that they should bump my shipping up to next-day to ensure I get the products before the weekend, since that's what I'd been banking on and had made arrangements for given the information presented on the website at the time of the order. They said no, and ONLY TODAY have I gotten an confirmation that the order was even processed. Now the order tracking on their homepage says my estimated shipping date is the 17th, which was Wednesday?

In sum: I am pissed off because one of the cards was a gift for someone who's leaving town right after this weekend, and I was hoping to get this weekend to play games together and set up our DSes. The information on the website is inconsistently updated, and they are not helpful at all in either assuaging anxiety or keeping customers updated when there are inventory problems.

I would not endorse modchipstore.com to anyone.

sprkls

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Great

People were bragging this place up,and now they pull this
frown.gif

All because the R4 said "Ships in 24 hours",but in reality they were sold out =/

I had heard nothing but praise for this place and was advised to shop here because the company's in Texas (I live in Dallas), implying I'd get my stuff possibly even faster.

I understand shipments get delayed and demand can be overwhelming, but ordering a product I was led to believe was in-stock and would ship immediately only to have spent more than I normally would on shipping that now ensures nothing is unacceptable. Their total lack of updates (except those on the front page of their website, in the news section, clearly posted only to generate more sales) is insulting. I can't express my displeasure enough.

Whatever. Live and learn, and share the dirt on internet forums.
lecture.gif

EarthBound

a/s/l?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Great

People were bragging this place up,and now they pull this
frown.gif

All because the R4 said "Ships in 24 hours",but in reality they were sold out =/

I had heard nothing but praise for this place and was advised to shop here because the company's in Texas (I live in Dallas), implying I'd get my stuff possibly even faster.

I understand shipments get delayed and demand can be overwhelming, but ordering a product I was led to believe was in-stock and would ship immediately only to have spent more than I normally would on shipping that now ensures nothing is unacceptable. Their total lack of updates (except those on the front page of their website, in the news section, clearly posted only to generate more sales) is insulting. I can't express my displeasure enough.

Whatever. Live and learn, and share the dirt on internet forums.
lecture.gif

Yup,The only thing that irritates me is the lack of email support.Plus the lack of updates =(
Order Status: Partially Processed (Pre-Order)
Estimated Shipping Date*: Monday, January 15, 2007 7:30 PM EST

I dont live in Texas anymore,but i checked out the shipping times.It will only take 2-3 days to ship to Iowa so its jsut a waiting game til Monday.

stoicstudios989

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sorry you are having problems m8.

My order from them was handled very accurately, and the DHL delivery was at my door an astounding 5 days after I placed my order for an R4DS.

I will happily use them again in the future.

They seem like nice chaps, I am nearly certain they will get it sorted for you. Best of luck.

EarthBound

a/s/l?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just got a email that my order was processed.

They have excellent reviews on the net, I'm happy so far
smile.gif

When did you order yours?

I ordered it Tuesday night.

Atleast you got your's so there is some hope for me
smile.gif

EDIT:I checked my online banking info,and found a phone #
866-897-7655
So if you cant get any email responces just call them up.

I called in left a voicemail with my name/product #/Phone #/Why i was calling.I hope i get a call back sometime soon.

blahperson

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey I ordered something on Tuesday as well, and it said it was sent on Thursday I was expecting it today but it didn't turn up. I'm guessing it'll turn up on monday ..
frown.gif

Will let you know anyways.
Blahperson

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guess it's a hit and miss with modchipstore.com (but aren't all things in life). They were awesome for me both times I've ordered something from them. No problems, shipped fast, therefore, I recommended them with everyone else. Ah well, win some, lose some. Hope everyone who's having issues with them gets it all sorted out.

kiruyama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, they just shipped mine. I ordered it a week ago. This is lame, but hopefully I'll get it by Tuesday? I'm not ordering frrom here again, they falsely claim to have an item in stock and "ships within 24 hours." God, it's been three weeks since I've been trying to get an R4. >_>

zimgir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would definitely steer anyone away from modchipstore.com based on my experience.

I ordered an R4 DS early on Sunday morning. At the time the site's top news headline was: "M3 Simply Sold Out Again! Buy R4 it is Same!". The item was listed in stock. I ordered it with next-day shipping.

The next day, the site lists my order as backordered. The news still says it's in stock. My credit card has already been charged. I file a ticket asking what's going on (because they don't list an email address on the site that I can find). I get no answer until yesterday (Thursday), saying nothing other than telling me it will ship today (Friday). There was a shipment Thursday though, so probably their stock status was wrong for so long that even one day worth of shipments wasn't enough to cover their backlog. If they'd at least sent it Thursday, I'd have it for the weekend, but no.

I then asked them to change the shipping address. Multiple requests in a day were not answered.

The username/password they sent me to use the support system didn't work, and repeated requests to fix it got no response.

This site is not trustworthy (they don't tell the truth about products out of stock), their customer service has been abysmal, and they'll charge a credit card long before shipping the actual product. Beware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also the wood ui for twl menu is back... +2