NULL

anout modchipstore.com

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by aphexpusher, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Katalyst

Katalyst Johnald Everyperson

Oct 26, 2002
    United States
    From H-Town, Residing in ATL.
    Eh, I doubt that would have made much of a difference. I mean, you're in the same state as them [​IMG] I'm in GA and I did ground and still got it next day. As far as their customer service, I actually haven't had to deal with them (granted I've only ordered an R4 at the beginning of the year and a PS2 modchip from them a few years ago). If you say their customer service does suck though, guess I should be glad I didn't have to deal with them [​IMG] They should probably ship Monday. Don't see why they wouldn't (not a holiday or anything) unless they're just being assholes ;o

2. rey123

rey123 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2007
    United States
    HI!

I ordered from them.

Order date: 01/17/2007 14:39
    Order Status: B

When I put my email on the Order Status window I get this.

No order tracking information available. Validate the e-mail specified was the e-mail used to place the order, and try again. Or your order has not yet been processed, check back at a later time.

Anybody know what this means?

When I get a tracking number, is showed on the Order Status

Thanks

3. EarthBound

EarthBound a/s/l?

Aug 28, 2003
    United States
    Fort Worth,Texas

R4 to start shipping tomorrow ORDER NOW!

01.17.07 12:18 pm

I ordered mine on the 13th,and they didnt ship mine with the rest of the order yesterday/today/So im assuming your in the same bus as me.I guess we will get our R4's shipped Monday since they dont ship/deliver Sat/Sun.

4. EarthBound

EarthBound a/s/l?

Aug 28, 2003
    United States
    Fort Worth,Texas
    EDIT:Lag double post

5. sprkls

sprkls Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2006
    United States
    Dallas
    I placed an order for 2 r4dses on Monday, 5:14pm and opted for 2-day shipping to get it before this weekend, because at the time I placed the order the website was reflecting the item in-stock. The next day when I went to check order status, it said "backordered" and the estimated shipping date was Thursday. What?

So I sent a # of emails, only the first of which got a reply. I told them that this was not what I was accepting and that they should bump my shipping up to next-day to ensure I get the products before the weekend, since that's what I'd been banking on and had made arrangements for given the information presented on the website at the time of the order. They said no, and ONLY TODAY have I gotten an confirmation that the order was even processed. Now the order tracking on their homepage says my estimated shipping date is the 17th, which was Wednesday?

In sum: I am pissed off because one of the cards was a gift for someone who's leaving town right after this weekend, and I was hoping to get this weekend to play games together and set up our DSes. The information on the website is inconsistently updated, and they are not helpful at all in either assuaging anxiety or keeping customers updated when there are inventory problems.

I would not endorse modchipstore.com to anyone.

6. EarthBound

EarthBound a/s/l?

Aug 28, 2003
    United States
    Fort Worth,Texas
    Great

People were bragging this place up,and now they pull this [​IMG]
    All because the R4 said "Ships in 24 hours",but in reality they were sold out =/

7. sprkls

sprkls Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2006
    United States
    Dallas
    I had heard nothing but praise for this place and was advised to shop here because the company's in Texas (I live in Dallas), implying I'd get my stuff possibly even faster.

I understand shipments get delayed and demand can be overwhelming, but ordering a product I was led to believe was in-stock and would ship immediately only to have spent more than I normally would on shipping that now ensures nothing is unacceptable. Their total lack of updates (except those on the front page of their website, in the news section, clearly posted only to generate more sales) is insulting. I can't express my displeasure enough.

Whatever. Live and learn, and share the dirt on internet forums. [​IMG]

8. EarthBound

EarthBound a/s/l?

Aug 28, 2003
    United States
    Fort Worth,Texas

Yup,The only thing that irritates me is the lack of email support.Plus the lack of updates =(
    Order Status: Partially Processed (Pre-Order)
    Estimated Shipping Date*: Monday, January 15, 2007 7:30 PM EST

I dont live in Texas anymore,but i checked out the shipping times.It will only take 2-3 days to ship to Iowa so its jsut a waiting game til Monday.

9. stoicstudios989

stoicstudios989 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2007
    Canada
    I'm sorry you are having problems m8.

My order from them was handled very accurately, and the DHL delivery was at my door an astounding 5 days after I placed my order for an R4DS.

I will happily use them again in the future.

They seem like nice chaps, I am nearly certain they will get it sorted for you. Best of luck.

10. joe_gamer

joe_gamer GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2007
    United States
    I just got a email that my order was processed.

They have excellent reviews on the net, I'm happy so far [​IMG]

11. EarthBound

EarthBound a/s/l?

Aug 28, 2003
    United States
    Fort Worth,Texas

When did you order yours?

12. joe_gamer

Jan 16, 2007
    United States
    I ordered it Tuesday night.

13. EarthBound

EarthBound a/s/l?

Aug 28, 2003
    United States
    Fort Worth,Texas

Atleast you got your's so there is some hope for me [​IMG]

EDIT:I checked my online banking info,and found a phone #
    866-897-7655
    So if you cant get any email responces just call them up.

I called in left a voicemail with my name/product #/Phone #/Why i was calling.I hope i get a call back sometime soon.

14. blahperson

blahperson Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2007
    United States
    Hey I ordered something on Tuesday as well, and it said it was sent on Thursday I was expecting it today but it didn't turn up. I'm guessing it'll turn up on monday .. [​IMG]

Will let you know anyways.
    Blahperson

15. Katalyst

Katalyst Johnald Everyperson

Oct 26, 2002
    United States
    From H-Town, Residing in ATL.
    Guess it's a hit and miss with modchipstore.com (but aren't all things in life). They were awesome for me both times I've ordered something from them. No problems, shipped fast, therefore, I recommended them with everyone else. Ah well, win some, lose some. Hope everyone who's having issues with them gets it all sorted out.

16. jhoff80

jhoff80 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 23, 2006
    United States
    My R4DS just shipped out. It had been backordered for this whole week, but other than that I've had absolutely no issues with them.

17. joe_gamer

Jan 16, 2007
    United States
    FYI - just got email for the DHL shipment, they shipped it today [​IMG]

Can't wait.....hehe

18. kiruyama

kiruyama Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2006
    United States
    Wow, they just shipped mine. I ordered it a week ago. This is lame, but hopefully I'll get it by Tuesday? I'm not ordering frrom here again, they falsely claim to have an item in stock and "ships within 24 hours." God, it's been three weeks since I've been trying to get an R4. >_>

19. EarthBound

EarthBound a/s/l?

Aug 28, 2003
    United States
    Fort Worth,Texas
    Its look like i got ripped.

Is there any action i can take if i dont receive mine?I sould have used another site via paypal [​IMG]

20. zimgir

zimgir Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2007
    United States
    I would definitely steer anyone away from modchipstore.com based on my experience.

I ordered an R4 DS early on Sunday morning. At the time the site's top news headline was: "M3 Simply Sold Out Again! Buy R4 it is Same!". The item was listed in stock. I ordered it with next-day shipping.

The next day, the site lists my order as backordered. The news still says it's in stock. My credit card has already been charged. I file a ticket asking what's going on (because they don't list an email address on the site that I can find). I get no answer until yesterday (Thursday), saying nothing other than telling me it will ship today (Friday). There was a shipment Thursday though, so probably their stock status was wrong for so long that even one day worth of shipments wasn't enough to cover their backlog. If they'd at least sent it Thursday, I'd have it for the weekend, but no.

I then asked them to change the shipping address. Multiple requests in a day were not answered.

The username/password they sent me to use the support system didn't work, and repeated requests to fix it got no response.

This site is not trustworthy (they don't tell the truth about products out of stock), their customer service has been abysmal, and they'll charge a credit card long before shipping the actual product. Beware.