Another Wii Update

DiNo29

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
IOS is needed, but the trucha signer fix doesnt work if the WiiMenu isnt updated. So by updating the IOS but removing the WiiMenu, whe should be able to update and keep trucha. Or is WiiMenu update required to run games too ?

kallekall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bailli said:
Dirtie said:
If ONLY the IOS update is required for the game to run (ie. the 'future system menu update' is not required), then you could potentially hack the ISO to include only the firmware update(s) without the system menu update. I have no idea what the chances are of this working however (did SSBB require the system menu update in addition to the firmware one?)

Hm well the problem is that a game can "select" which IOS version it wants to run and I guess/fear a "patched" mario kart could identify itself as patched and refuse to run even if the fix is not "activated by the system menu".
Ofcourse you can take this cat and mouse game one step further and patch the IOS version the game wants to run to a lower version, but that version might lack a functionality the game needs...

Would bee nice if someone figured out a way to remove the Trucha fix and leave everything else intact. That way we Mario Kart could run, without any lack of functionality. Unless Mari Kart can detect that the Trucha fix is removed. Then you would have to figure out a way to fool Mario Kart. And the cat and mouse hunt keeps on going. This would however mean that one would need to have great knowledge about the Wii system.

m2pt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just glad Nintendo didn't include any capability to force firmware updates on the DS like this. Homebrew/piracy on the DS is almost effortless now.

Serabii

Trophies
XP
Country
oh so it's only for the trucha hack... I taught they got the mod chip thing "removed" or " disabled"

I never used the trucha hack... yet but I can confirm that there is no issues on playing with the back-up copy alone (w/o trucha hack)

I played bully right after I updated and got to run brawl flawlessly and played online with it...

my wii is:
NTSC (3.2U) with wiikey 1.9G

aardvarks

Trophies
XP
Country
just modded an old pal wii with a wiikey, updated wii to 3.2, all my modded games work fine and does the datel free loader. so i dont know wots all the fuss is about!

mastermanna123

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Im thinkin of just going on wit the update. I have never used Trucha Signer anyway. as long as the twilight exploit works im happy. Idk wat trucha wud even do for a NTSC-U wiikey 1.9g 3.2U wii anyway. except for the manhunt 2 thing...

nextnomura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Are we talking about 3.3 update?.. or just an update that not have a version?
I don't understand.. from the first page i can't find people talk about the version..

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nextnomura said:
Are we talking about 3.3 update?.. or just an update that not have a version?
I don't understand.. from the first page i can't find people talk about the version..

There is no version 3.3, it still stays at 3.2 after the update.

Tragedies

Trophies
XP
Country
Apologies for the noob question, but can someone please explain what this exploit is? I play normal backup games, I've never heard of this Trucha stuff.

Thanks for the help.

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tragedies said:
Apologies for the noob question, but can someone please explain what this exploit is? I play normal backup games, I've never heard of this Trucha stuff.

Thanks for the help.

It's an exploit in the Wii firmware that allows you to sign things (ISOs, channels, etc.) with a fake key.

mb01

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys,
I just updated my PAL Wii about half an hour ago not knowing this apparent "Trucha Fix" update was available. After a quick scare im pleased to say that Trucha Signed games, Freeloader, Scrubbed games and the Twilight Hack all still work so the PAL update is still ok to use.

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mb01 said:
Guys,
I just updated my PAL Wii about half an hour ago not knowing this apparent "Trucha Fix" update was available. After a quick scare im pleased to say that Trucha Signed games, Freeloader, Scrubbed games and the Twilight Hack all still work so the PAL update is still ok to use.

Everything still works as of right now. However, according to wiibrew.org, the trucha exploit and Freeloader will eventually stop working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...