Gaming Another wave of bans

Killian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gutting!

Heres hoping its not an issue with the stealth, could be issues of people playing games weeks before they are due out anywhere. The most recent case being Mass Effect which came out on the scene almost a month before it came out.

Fingers crossed!

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
I just played some Call of Duty 4 and I'm not banned. BenQ and iXtreme firmware.
wink.gif

Killian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, have heard that, will probably connect up when I get home and cross my fingers. From a few other forums it looks as though not many brits have been hit so I may be lucky.

Here's hoping!

phuzzz

Hooha!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gutting!

Heres hoping its not an issue with the stealth, could be issues of people playing games weeks before they are due out anywhere. The most recent case being Mass Effect which came out on the scene almost a month before it came out.

Fingers crossed!
They won't ban people for playing games early. MS has said that it's not the fault of the players, but rather the retailers. And they can't blame the player for something the retailer screwed up on.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
After reading xbox scene it seems like its something to do with the copied discs thats resulting in the ban. Somethings different about them, maybe whoever dumped them, never dumped them properly. I've played mass effect, cod 4 and halo 3 and I'm on xtreme 1.3c. Not been banned yet as I've logged onto live. Its just going to be a matter of time before M$ get us all. They probably want to increase xbox 360 sales over christmas
laugh.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Doesn't effect me cos all my shit is legit
wink.gif
But an update from xbox-scene
QUOTE said:
*UPDATE*
It appears that modified fw is NOT being detected, and is instead once again due to 'bad' discs. Keep in mind that the only full proof way to make a 1:1 backup is to do it yourself. iXtreme is as fullproof as it can be, in that it validates everything it possibly can from a firmware point of view, but a game can have slight data change somewhere, most commonly in DMI. Or it can be due to early copies being watermarked so to speak.

Bi99uy

Trophies
XP
Country
As long as your games are patched properly (scene releases usually are 100% of the time) and you are running ixtreme v1.2 or higher, you will be fine.

That´s the problem. Many scene releases have are not 100 % patched, even though the boot on an iExtreme firmware and show ok in XDVDmuletter. You will have to check the CRC with an origanl copy, which may be problematic with pre release games.

QuantumFluxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not banned yet. I've been playing the games earlier since Bioshock, even used that copy of Halo 3 for a month that was later proven to have missing stuff in it that could lead to a ban. Yet i'm still connected just fine.

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
im still ok here with ixtreme 1.2 but hell if i get banned it happens......its a risk i knew i was taking when i got it flashed....cant complain either only paid 200 for a premium with 9 real retail games n 2 wireless pads so its not a huge hit to the wallet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you @BigOnYa