Another wave of bans

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by dsbomb, Nov 21, 2007.

1. dsbomb
    OP

dsbomb GBAtemp Fan

Feb 12, 2007
    United States
    Illinois, USA
    XBox-Scene is reporting that MS has started another wave of bannings for all you modders. Disconnect from the Internet until it's all figured out.

So much for being so stealthy...

2. Killian

Killian Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2006
    Gutting!

Heres hoping its not an issue with the stealth, could be issues of people playing games weeks before they are due out anywhere. The most recent case being Mass Effect which came out on the scene almost a month before it came out.

Fingers crossed!

3. MaHe

MaHe one lazy schmo

Aug 4, 2006
    Slovenia
    Maribor
    I just played some Call of Duty 4 and I'm not banned. BenQ and iXtreme firmware. [​IMG]

4. Sekkyumu

Sekkyumu GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2005
    France
    France
    Don't worry that even if you disconnect from the Internet before a wave of bans you'll get banned anyway because Microsoft uses logs.

5. BoneMonkey

BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

Banned
    Dec 9, 2006
    United States
    USA
    ha good buy your games !

6. Killian

Killian Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2006
    Yeah, have heard that, will probably connect up when I get home and cross my fingers. From a few other forums it looks as though not many brits have been hit so I may be lucky.

Here's hoping!

7. phuzzz

phuzzz Hooha!

Former Staff
    Nov 9, 2002
    United States
    Chapel Hill, NC
    They won't ban people for playing games early. MS has said that it's not the fault of the players, but rather the retailers. And they can't blame the player for something the retailer screwed up on.

8. adgloride

adgloride Its A Wii Wario

Apr 2, 2003
    After reading xbox scene it seems like its something to do with the copied discs thats resulting in the ban. Somethings different about them, maybe whoever dumped them, never dumped them properly. I've played mass effect, cod 4 and halo 3 and I'm on xtreme 1.3c. Not been banned yet as I've logged onto live. Its just going to be a matter of time before M$ get us all. They probably want to increase xbox 360 sales over christmas [​IMG]

9. BlueStar

BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 10, 2006
    UK
    Doesn't effect me cos all my shit is legit [​IMG] But an update from xbox-scene

10. azotyp

azotyp GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 19, 2007
    Poland
    Poland
    Eaven he was banned, this is so dangerous [​IMG]

11. BoneMonkey

BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

Banned
    Dec 9, 2006
    United States
    USA
    lol love that hitler xbox video

my favorite line is " now i have to buy a ps3" !

12. deathfisaro

deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Mar 16, 2007
    Canada
    Vancouver, BC
    Great, my gold membership expired, but I'm not banned.
    Why do I feel like I'll get banned as soon as I buy 1year prepaid gold membership?

13. TaMs

TaMs Randomizer

Nov 15, 2006
    Finland
    Good luck with your mods.

14. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    As long as your games are patched properly (scene releases usually are 100% of the time) and you are running ixtreme v1.2 or higher, you will be fine.

15. Bi99uy

Bi99uy GBAtemp Regular

Apr 25, 2005
    That´s the problem. Many scene releases have are not 100 % patched, even though the boot on an iExtreme firmware and show ok in XDVDmuletter. You will have to check the CRC with an origanl copy, which may be problematic with pre release games.

16. QuantumFluxx

QuantumFluxx GBAtemp Regular

Apr 20, 2007
    Canada
    Canada
    I'm not banned yet. I've been playing the games earlier since Bioshock, even used that copy of Halo 3 for a month that was later proven to have missing stuff in it that could lead to a ban. Yet i'm still connected just fine.

17. jaxxster

jaxxster The Heretic

Oct 31, 2006
    South East London
    im still ok here with ixtreme 1.2 but hell if i get banned it happens......its a risk i knew i was taking when i got it flashed....cant complain either only paid 200 for a premium with 9 real retail games n 2 wireless pads so its not a huge hit to the wallet.