Hacking another switch jig question (what kind of wires can be used?)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,702
  • Replies 9
D

Deleted User

OP
like can you use a charger wire and put it in the bit idk im not sure what kind of wire people mean for the jig also pls i beg you no more paperclip jokes they are 10/10 crap

D

Deleted User

OP
Use a paper clip to slice open a charger for one of your five-or-so other handhelds and use the wire inside as a jig.
i dont have a good feeling about that and i dont wanna get zapped i would only be fine with a paperclip once i get one

D

Deleted User

OP
forget all of it i got a paperclip now you can stop with the underated paperclip jokes people i dont need to ask for the wire one anymore

Last edited by ,

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Paperclips really aren't ideal for making jigs, you'll end up wearing out the pins in your Switch over time. You're best off buying a high-quality jig, like the one from Team Xecuter.

That being said, if you have a spare ethernet cable laying around, cut yourself a piece off. If you cut off the outer jacket, there are 8 thin wires inside. These are made of a softer copper metal that won't cause as much wear and tear on your pins. They're just about perfect for jigs! Strip about an inch off both ends. For ground, I usually touch one end to either the heatsink or wedge it somewhere on the side of the joycon rail. Then, use the other end of the wire to try and touch joycon pin 10 on the right side. Might take a few tries, but I usually don't have too much trouble with it. For me it's been more reliable than any paperclip, and like I said previously, it's nicer to your pins!

Then install AutoRCM and be done with it. Also, if you do jack up your pins, it's not terribly difficult to buy a replacement rail online and swap it out.

Reactions: 0000ff

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: though if it s important to go online for a game I would much rather buy it