Hacking Another save issue-thread (firmware 3.2!)

Yohanetsu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I just got a G6real card for my birthday and yesterday I tried it out. I played a few games and stuff
but when I saved and quit and then started the game again the saves were gone!

So I went out on the internet to try and find a solution and the only thing I could find was that the latest
firmwares have been acting up so I tried the last working one (3.2) but it still doesnt work.

And from what I can see no save-files are even created.

Do I need to like make a certain folder on the chip for the saves? Where do saves files end up?

Anyone got any ideas to a solution here... ?

The_Super_Infram

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have the same problem for every new FW since the savegames were renamed from *.0 to *.sav
When I load a savegame, the G6 loads the date from the .sav file BUT writes a new .0 file when I save and exit. Obviously it loads from the .sav file when I start the game again.

I assume it´s a bug, so I recommend using one of the older firmware like E18 which works fine for me (it has the old .0 ending for the saves)

Yohanetsu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The problem is that I have already tried older firmwares and it still doesnt work.

It doesnt seem to save at all ... neither .0 or .sav files... cant find them anyway. Where do the files end up on the card?

Its a brand new card... do i have to something special to make it save. Like make a folder on the card... or... I dont know.

The_Super_Infram

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
just put the roms (.nds) into a folder called NDS in the root directory and the saves should appear right there.
Just some ideas:
try formating it again with FAT or maybe even using the NDS itself (hold start during the boot time)
maybe you got a write protection (unlikely though)

you got no error while savin, right? are you able to load a saved game directly after saving it, WITHOUT rebooting?

hanman

I'm a pretty lucky guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when is the issue going to be fixed? is it even being looked at? have you dropped support for the G6 Real?

i don't think any of these questions are unreasonable.

g6team

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
3.2 and above firmware for the M3 Real is not compatible with the G6 Real. When there is new update for the G6 Real it will be posted

Yohanetsu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ill try formating it then...

Since I have tried all firmwares from 2.6 to 3.6 and noone works.

"you got no error while savin, right? are you able to load a saved game directly after saving it, WITHOUT rebooting?"

No, errors no... I can of course load the save right away but if I turn the DS off the save disappears... and from what Ive seen there are no files on the card. Everytime I start a game it just says "No savefile exists... creating new" or something like that.

Ill get back to you after the format
tongue.gif

Yohanetsu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope, didnt work.

I use the formating through the NDS and put the 3.1 system folder on the chip and tried PuzzleQuest. Started a char, saved and quit. Turned off the DS and on again. Started PuzzleQuest again and... and ... no savegame.

What the fuck is the problem
frown.gif

bulletmark

Trophies
XP
Country
g6team said:
3.2 and above firmware for the M3 Real is not compatible with the G6 Real. When there is new update for the G6 Real it will be posted
Hey G6 team, surely you read my reply to your opening post here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=82967 ?

You keep telling everybody that the last "good" version for the G6 is v3.1 when it is actually v3.2. C'mon, even if you can't be bothered to fix the trivial problem at least tell people the correct information. Geez
frown.gif

Yohanetsu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, the new 3.7b firmware didnt solve the issue either. Gonna try to formate it in windows also (only done the "hold start"-format so far.

Yohanetsu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okey, now I've tried to format in all ways, tried multiple firmwares (and the latest).

I boot up the game, save, quit. Boot up the game again and ... no save.

It doesnt seem to create any savefile at all. Not .0 or .sav or... just anything. It just doesnt save.

Is there something wrong with the product or can you come up with anything that might solve this. It is very annoying to say the least.

Yohanetsu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okey, finally solved it.

Seems I have to soft-reset after Ive made a save. And the load up the game before I turn off the machine.

I cant save and turn it off. I have to save and soft reset, load the new info and then turn it off.

Weird. But it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol