Hacking 3.4 firmware issue for G6 Real

bulletmark

Trophies
XP
Country
Geez, you G6 guys can't even get this notice right.

FYI, version 3.3 was the version that introduced the silly naming bug for the G6 Real (And it actually runs and plays fine on the G6 real but the save files just get saved with the wring name). So the last version which works correctly on the G6 Real is version 3.2, not 3.1.

GuardianHX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nwong said:
OR in the next firmware you could FIX this

Quoted for TRUTH.
C'mon, it can't be hard to fix, G6 people.
I've had my card for a couple months, and now the updates don't work. I am NOT buying another flashcard, I'll stick with mine until the update gets fixed.

And I seriously hope it gets fixed. ;-;

nwong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeh me too >.> its too expensive~
we all paid for this~ we except it to work and if not, we except an update which fixes it >.>

D

Deleted User

This is directly at g6team:
The fact is you created a cart : Thus it is your responsibility to 'maintain' this cart.
I myself do not own a G6 but I'd understand how they'd feel if M3 stopped making updates =\

Obviously you haven't said you've 'given up making firmware' but you've said to 'downgrade to 3.1' meaning that people can't get the features M3 Real owners can =\
Come on, guys.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If they stop updating the G6 Real, I'm going to start hounding them untill they send me a M3...

If they knew they were going to stop supporting it, STOP SELLING IT!! Don't keep selling a device that your dropping support for!

So, either send me an M3 to replace my G6, or keep updating the G6 firmware.

I bought my first G6 when the 1.6 firmware was new, and even the box says Homebrew is 100% compatible, even though there were no DLDI support, so that was just a lie. That's the main reason I bought my G6, for the homebrew, serisously! But it had no support for it, for almost 6 months, so I had to resort to piracy (lol)

D

Deleted User

zidane_genome said:
I bought my first G6 when the 1.6 firmware was new, and even the box says Homebrew is 100% compatible, even though there were no DLDI support, so that was just a lie. That's the main reason I bought my G6, for the homebrew, serisously! But it had no support for it, for almost 6 months, so I had to resort to piracy (lol)
laugh.gif

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
g6team said:
As I have reported the saving issue to our team I have been informed that firmware higher than 3.1 may not be compatible with the G6 Real. Therefore anyone who have been experiencing issues please downgrade to 3.1 or below if you are using G6 Real.

If new firmware for the G6 Real was to be release you may find them here.

http://handheldsources.com/G6DS/Download.html

Thank you for your attention.
If the new firmware updates are incompatible with the G6, perhaps you should reconsider the naming standards you currently use.
eg. G6&M3DS-R_E22.zip
lecture.gif

nwong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
they can just fix it >.> The World Ends With You finally doesnt freeze for me but the save to .sav doesnt work >.>

nwong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lol i dont think he would do much
tongue.gif
after all he is just one person lol but i support him XD i want a replacement flash card if they stop updating it PROPERLY >.> M3 and G6 r DIFFERENT things >.> the support for G6 keeps comparing G6 with M3 it is NOT the same >.>

hanman

I'm a pretty lucky guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
copy of an email i sent to the G6/M3 Team:

QUOTE said:
Hi There,
For G6 Real please use firmware under 3.2.

http://handheldsources.com/G6DS/Download.html

If you have any further questions please email us again.

Thank you.

Danny wrote:
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: MrHanMan
> To: [email protected]
> Sent: Sunday, May 04, 2008 7:14 AM
> Subject: G6 DS Real firmware
>
> The save system for the G6DS Real has been broken since version 3.3. I understand that you are concentrating on SAKURA right now, but it's ridiculous that this problem has existed in 4 different revisions. Please either fix the problem, or announce that you are officially dropping support for the G6DS Real. I have been very happy with this card until version 3.3 broke the save system. I don't want to buy another card, but I will if I must. Thank you for listening to my concerns.

hanman

I'm a pretty lucky guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i replied to their email:

QUOTE said:
Thank you for your prompt response. While this is the workaround I'm currently using, I want to know if the problem is going to be fixed with the next release. The firmware reads .sav files fine; it just only writes to .0 files. Please take what I'm sure is a short amount of time to fix this issue for the next revision.

not sure that it'll do any good.

anyway, i followed cory's suggestion in the thread you linked and it didn't help matters. what i have observed so far, is that the G6 will load a .sav file just fine, but when it goes to save after restarting, it overwrites the .0 with a blank save file. when i hex edited the files as per cory's suggestion, the game manager still just overwrote a blank save to .0 files. apparently, it's not just an extension issue. the save never gets written in any form.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up