Another Rumble Not Working in 3in1+ & AK2

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by MysteryousTravel, Jul 4, 2009.

1. MysteryousTravel
    OP

Newcomer MysteryousTravel Member

United States
    Hi All,

I finally have all the tools to try and get the rumble in my 3in1+ to work. I have a AK2 with the latest version of Akaio 1.4.1. I formatted my SDHC card with the Panasonic SD formatter.

I’ve read all the wikis related to getting the rumble to work (i.e. Akaio Wiki, 3in1 wiki, EZ Flash V quick start guide). I’ve searched the forums for any more specific direction regarding the AK2 and the 3in1+ but haven’t found much more info.

I’ve checked my 3in1+ to make sure I don’t have one that came from the bad batch. It looks like I have the one that should work.

I’ve looked through the Akaio menus and selected rumble strengths. Yet, I still cannot get the rumble to work in Metroid Pinball and Super Princess Peach. It will flash rumble when I start the games, but then the rumble doesn’t work during the game. Specifically, Metroid Pinball’s rumble setting is greyed out.

What have I overlooked?

I understand Akaio is supposed to support the 3in1+, I don’t have to patch the roms anymore do I? I believe my roms are clean, but how do you tell?

It may not be necessary to use GBA_ExpLoader, but I tried this also and that doesn’t work either.

I know I am a noob, so I tried to do all the research I possibly could before posting. If there are any more resources I should check, please let me know. I appreciate any help you gurus can offer and step-by-step direction is most helpful since I am still new to the terminology and procedures.

Thank you so much!

2. arialacejoe

Newcomer arialacejoe Member

Afghanistan
    After using the GBA_EXPloader, do you soft reset? I have a CycloDS and a Supercard DS One-i and that usually works [​IMG]

3. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    maybe you should ask someone in the Acekard section instead. They can at least give you an answer related to the AK2 there.

patching is related to the save state format or RTC related, has nothing related to rumble issue.

4. MysteryousTravel
    OP

United States

I tried this, but when I am playing Space Invaders Extreme, it doesn't reset. I've enabled the soft-reset but the rumble still doesn't work. [​IMG]

I'll try posting to the Acekard forum too and see if someone can help me there.

Thanks!

5. m-p{3}

Member m-p{3} GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Are you using the official firmware or the AKAIO firmware?

6. MysteryousTravel
    OP

United States
    I have the Akaio firmware 1.4.1.